UPDATED FOR SEPTEMBER: 10% off MSRP on custom m340i order

UPDATED FOR SEPTEMBER MF AND INCENTIVES
The dealer recalculated the numbers for September incentives for me.

So I’ve been in the market for a 2020 BMW m340i xDrive, I am very picky about options so I ended up opting for a custom order.

This was basically my process for negotiating 10% off MSRP:

1. Used the LH calculator to estimate a realistic achievable monthly payment I was comfortable with (10% off MSRP + 3500 in rebates + 500 BMWCCA rebate).
  2. Take % off MSRP and add 2% to it (10% -> 12%)
  3. Emailed almost all NorCal dealers requesting 12% off the bat on a custom order.

Several said no, some came back with 8%, 9%, and 9.5% off. One came back with 10% off. Here’s the breakdown:

2020 BMW m340i xDrive:
MSRP: $68,820
Dealer discount: $6,882 (10%)
Monthly Payment: 618.53 (after tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $1682
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MSDs: 7x $650 = $4,550
MF: 0.00093
Residual: 61%
Incentives: $4000 (loyalty, college grad, lease cash)
Region: NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 10.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=10000&msd=7&msrp=68820&sales_price=61938&months=36&mf=0.00128&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=2000&untaxed_inc=2000&rebate=500&resP=61&reg_fee=744&sales_tax=9.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

How did I do?

7 Likes

I think 10% is a good discount for an ordered car, the dealer is taking a risk by ordering a car you technically don’t have to take delivery of. I’m not sure what the market is for a 340 that’s almost 70k, but it looks like you got all the bells and whistles.

5 Likes

Yea they are definitely taking a risk, especially since this is an xDrive model. Not much demand for xDrive in the Bay Area.

Whats a good target % for a new unit on lot?

That sounds like a solid deal for a loaded custom xdrive. Many folks are having difficulty getting better than 10%+ for in stock ones.

2 Likes

How long does it take to deliver a custom ordered car? I always thought its more than a month and thus looking at lease numbers now makes no sense as numbers change monthly. Perhaps I’m missing something?

Nice discount though and awesome car!

They made 1% off of you. Well done!

5 Likes

More than 10% I guess :slight_smile:

I was told 6-8 weeks, but what I was able to gather, it’s 6-8 weeks on cars assembled in the USA, 8-12 weeks for cars assembled in Germany.

Anyone know where the m340i is assembled?

1 Like

So base MF went from 0.00145 to 0.00128. Think I can negotiate this down with my dealer after I placed the order and agreed to a price?

I assume you submitted credit app? As I understand it you can elect to use the mf & rv that are in effect at either time of order or delivery. Whichever is more beneficial to you.

September rates are meaningless if you signed with August rates and take delivery in October or later.

1 Like

I did submit a credit app and signed a copy of the paper regarding the breakdown, but it was not official lease papers.

Yea makes sense that September numbers are useless if I am going to take deliver in October.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Spam Post

The dealer mentioned to me that I can’t stack OL code with college grad, did anyone on here ever hear this before?

Never heard of that.
If they’re unwilling to pitch in their $500 they should still apply BMW NA’s $500 so long as it’s a legitimate OL code.

In stock inventory only.

Once the dealer adds it to their stock (which they do before they sell it, even for a custom build) it qualifies.

Interesting. To that end your OL would have to be good at time of signing…

Yeah, just make sure to have one that expires around the time you’re expecting to take delivery.