UPDATED FOR SEPTEMBER: 10% off MSRP on custom m340i order

Do you know that definitively? Invoice is roughly 6% + 1% flooring holdback + volume incentives, which are the most important factor in a dealer’s ability to discount beyond invoice. I’m targeting 11-12% off a custom build and I do want the dealer to make some money off the deal.

Yes, your average dealer “all-in” on a M340 is at 11% with all backend’s, etc.

But surely there’s still profit in it for them, or they get some kind of volume discount at the end of the year for every car they’ve sold?

They can sell some cars at a loss for netting a huge bonus for hitting a target.

Exactly, and since it won’t hit their quota until it’s delivered on a build, they really can’t lock in how they’ll do that month in the future. This is why you see 10.5% with marked up MF on this car or 10% at base MF, etc. Simply put, if you can get a dealer to go 11-12% at base MF, more power to you but unlikely at this time on a build. This is completely different than walking in on the last day of the month for them where they know what their bonus is.

Last year dealers were willing to go 11-12% on a custom build when I priced it out in November. I think they were trying to meet an end-of-year sales goal. Do you have any idea what those are like for the dealer?

If you have nearly 12% off MSRP before rebates at buy rate MF, go sign the documents.

1 Like

Assuming this helps the dealer to hit an annual sales goal and that’s why they’re willing to essentially breakeven?

New 3 made in Mexico…

My M340 sure didn’t come from Mexico…

1 Like

Do you have any experience with this MichaelSD01?
So, technically OL code can be used on any vehicle then, whether it is in-stock unit or custom-ordered.

So I picked up the car on 10/23. Dealer kept telling that you cannot combine OL w/ college grad so I was not able to use it. Anyways, here’s a thread breaking it down:

They just didn’t want to chip in the extra dough.

1 Like

Right?! I’m a bit annoyed, but the terms do say in stock vehicles and not on custom orders. I didn’t want to push too hard.

If the fine print says they can’t, why would you assume they can and just don’t want to? They aren’t going to take a chargeback of 500 just to make you happy.

1 Like

Dealer said I can do either college grad or OL, not both. So technically, I could have gone OL and not college grad on a custom order.

There are other folks on here who got both college grad and OL. There are also folks who got OL on a custom order.

Id bet money the dealer told them they’d honor the OL code, and included it in the dealer discount. This was brought up before by one of the BMW CAs here as the most likely way it’s handled. If the fine print says no, FS will charge it back to the dealer. IIRC, that same CA also indicated they can’t be combined.

Just to add a datapoint here - When I bought my 330e, the dealer was able to stack both OL and college grad. Another dealer who was competing for my business straight up told me that he will not apply grad rebate even if it is given to them by BMWFS. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

How did you word your email when asking about a custom order? Did you ask like along the lines, here is a build I have at $XX, XXX MSRP and would like X% discount? You can pm me too. That is an awesome deal! Been looking at xDrive too with just a slightly lower MSRP than what you have.

I asked for 12% off MSRP knowing I’d be OK with as low as 10%. I also said I can make the deposit that same day.