Unsure of what to get

I hope you are not letting this “positive” equity cloud your judgement.

What is the overage and how much is it going to cost you out of pocket?

If I were in your shoes, I would reach out to your contacts at Audi and BMW dealerships. Let them run some numbers on a 2020 A4 P+, 2021 A4 P+, 2020 BMW 530i xdrive (both new and loaner). Know what incentives you qualify for.

Don’t be surprised if the numbers on the 2021 A4 are out of whack (HINT: It won’t be pretty).

I would also suggest you check out the “Marketplace” section for broker deals on the cars you are looking at. Also check out the “Shared Deals” section. I have seen 2020 A4s discounted between 10-12% off MSRP (pre-covid). I doubt you will get anything near that discount on a 2021 model.

Good luck.

EDIT: If you are not picky about exterior and/or interior color, you might be able to find the car you want within your budget.

I’d ban all “what should I get” threads to Off Topic, at best.

7 Likes

Get a Dartboard, some post-its, and one dart.

BTW, You keep describing the Lexus ES350, but you don’t like Lexus.

1 Like

Although I would normally agree, it sounds like OP is receptive to feedback. Let’s see what they do with the wealth of info from fellow members.

2 Likes

Or redirected to r/AskCarSales

It is not about OP but about strangers suggesting 100 different cars in 100+ posts (this will get there, too).
It’s a different story when someone comes with a list of 2-4 cars after doing their research and asks for opinions on those cars only.

3 Likes

I totally understand.

…and as usual, the majority of the thread banter has nothing to do with leasing. You could ask the same question and see generally the same discussion on 200 different Internet forums.

Everyone has different preferences and tastes. Personally I think that the Maxima is a garbage vehicle so I honestly have no idea what to suggest to somebody who likes a Maxima. There’s another useless opinion to throw in :laughing:

5 Likes

Volvo S60 T6 is a great car. A few packages should get you all the features you want.

1 Like

No, not clouding my judgment at all :slight_smile: If it happens like my used car manager appraised ti at, it happens. If not, oh well. It will still be better than the over mileage I have right now. I am about 10,500 miles over at $0.15/mile I have the (supposed) equity in my maxima because my contract is based off of the 2017 I had that was bought back. I am going to reach out to Nissan to see what they say tomorrow.

I am def going to reach out to Audi, BMW, and Volvo asap. Not having high hopes with Audi though as you had mentioned. Kbgators44 had reached out in a PM and had told me he switched from his Maxima to the S60 and he is enjoying it. He got a great deal on a demo the dealer had. I would be more so flexible on the interior color. Once I test drive and get some quotes (hopefully Friday I can get maybe 1 or 2 or try some over the phone) I’ll check back with you guys. You all have been such a great help and I do appreciate it.

1 Like

I like how it looks exterior wise. It drives pretty well when it is working 100%. Would I get one again? probably not.

I was not a fan of the ES350 when I test drove it. I wouldn’t I guess be opposed to trying it again, but I did not like it then.

Agree. None of this is about incentives, terms, conquest/loyalty.

And not a single person here will drive OPs car, so why do our opinions even matter?

The only advice I have is to go drive everything on your list until it’s 2 or less. If you have questions on leasing one of them, we’re here. Over and out.

5 Likes

I have now added Arteon on my list. The refreshed 2021 looks very nice and they added the paint color I like. I test drove it today and it seems pretty good. I got numbers. I feel like it is a good deal, but sadly out of budget.

$619 for 39 months on a $49k VW? Lol terrible

1 Like

That’s a lot of money

2 Likes

Idk what the MF/RV is or anything. I asked edmunds but no one responded. They took what appears to be $7,200 off the car. I also had college graduate. With 2k total out of pocket for 546 isn’t horrible I guess but I wouldn’t lease at that price. They also didn’t include the 500 some odd equity in my car. I know that doesn’t matter much though.

Stop getting quotes from dealerships before you work out the numbers yourself. You’re just setting yourself up for failure.

5 Likes

I think you need to find a car that doesn’t have a 43% Residual at 15k mi/yr.

4 Likes

I was strictly test driving it. They just said here’s numbers. I was there for maybe 30 minutes. I said thank you and left.