Unsure of what to get

Hello, I hope everyone is well! I posted I think back in August, but it didn’t get anywhere because it was a little too soon. Now, though, I have until 12/14 to get into something else. I would LOVE your guys’ opinions on this.

Currently I am in a 2018 Maxima Platinum 0 payments left.
That lease was first payment ($420.94) due at signing, and that was all.
15k miles/yr

I do currently have roughly 800 dollars Equity in it as well. I had it appraised at my dealership.

I would like something similar but probably not another Maxima. Mine has had too many issues. I would like something comparable speed/ride quality/feature wise. I have been thinking about some vehicles but have not had time to test drive yet, and some are not at the dealerships yet. If this information helps, I am in New Jersey and I am a Costco member as well. I work at a CDJR/Kia dealer and have worked at Nissan, Cadillac, and Audi/have connections at other Audi/Hyundai/Honda/BMW dealers. Hopefully companies will be updating their programs today/tomorrow (if at all). Any input helps greatly! I am not looking to be more than about $1.5k-$2.5k total out of pocket (plus trade equity). Less of course is ideal haha! And payment wise, I am looking to be about $440/month or Less.

Contenders(feel free to suggest!):

• A4 P+/Prestige (P+ as built $49,990) (Prestige as built $52,240)
    P+ .00053 MF 52% residual Prestige .00053 MF50% residual $2000 lease cash

• Accord 2.0T Touring (As built $39,756)
    .00092 MF and 57% residual $500 incentive (Maybe college grad too for 500?)

• Volvo S60 T6 AWD (unable to fully configure? Roughly 53-54k I would say)
    .00040 MF and 51% residual $3500 lease bonus

• Maxima (Maybe??? not really?) (roughly 44k)
    .00051 MF no residual available yet $1025 lease cash

No Lexus please, not a fan. I have test driven the E350 already as well as the Genesis G70, VW Arteon, and Kia Stinger those are def not on my list of go-tos.

Thank you in advance!! :slight_smile:

EDIT@ 6:56PM: I Removed multiple vehicles, added msrps as built and added some MF/RV leaning towards maybe the S60 T6

Maybe add Kia Stinger, Genesis G70, Lexus ES 350, and VW Arteon as well?

Not saying they lease particularly well (well, the ES does), but they’re also midsize premium-ish sedans similar to those on your list.

1 Like

Ya know, I was also thinking about that! However, I was not too particularly fond though of the Lexus, and the G70 I felt very cramped in. I have test driven those vehicles in the past. The Arteon is a maybe, I’m just not fond of the color options on it, and you’re right, it usually doesn’t lease well. It would probably be cheaper to lease an A4 in all honesty. I also wasn’t terribly impressed by it’s (the areton’s) performance or it’s ride bc of the 20" sport rims it would come with. I test drove it when it first came out. The stinger GT2 I liked, but I don’t like the 25mpg on the highway :(. I should have also mentioned I am looking for similar/better MPG than the maxima (20mpg city/30mpg highway). That’s my bad! I should have also mentioned I test drove those cars. Sorry, it’s been super crazy in my life lately haha.
I edited the original post to hopefully better reflect what I have also looked at/test driven.

When I optioned a 2021 Audi A4 just now, I can’t find an option for 20 in wheels. I imagine that all the other ones w/ 18" would probably ride just fine.

1 Like

that is on the arteon, not the A4 :). You are absolutely correct in the A4 having 18"! I edited my first and second post to hopefully have it less confusing.

Volvo S60 T5 RDesign or the Kia/Hyundai twins are probably the only cars on your list that will be comparable in price to the Maxima.

I happen to think the Maxima is on the lowest rung of all those cars, so getting something better won’t be hard.

1 Like

If you have Cadillac connections maybe it would be worth it to see what the numbers look like on the 2020 CT5 this month. They have been offering some dealer incentives as well as lease conquest, and the money factor has been low. Residual has been bordering on crappy territory but if your dealer contact is motivated enough you never know.

1 Like

It’s hard to take this list seriously… you want basically a fully loaded S4 or 540i for 2.5k DAS & $440/month?

Also missing is any effort at ballpark pricing on your part. Did you take any of these cars, build them online with those options to find MSRP, then plug that into the calculator alongside a discount you found by searching this forum and RV/MF/incentives from Edmunds for your zip?

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of r-design. I would go with inscription if anything. I think the Kia/Hyundai might be my best bet as well at this point.

Yeah, I noticed the “advertised” lease prices were lower than they were so I guess it couldn’t hurt to reach out to them and see.

That is why I notated probably not in budget. It’s a list for a reason. nothing is set in stone. And if you noticed it said A/S4. It doesn’t need to be a prestige, but I would like them to be at least premium pus. I will build them and update the original post with as built MSRPs. I did not check with Edmunds yet as programs are changing today/tomorrow and I am sure they probably do not have them yet for the month of December… and the DAS would also include the 800-1k equity I have in my current lease. Obviously the less DAS the better, but it is what it is at the end of the day.

I don’t know many cars which fulfill your budget while also checking off your “must-haves”. The BMW 530e is basically the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

1 Like

The A4 Premium and Premium Plus trims don’t come with a 360 degree camera or ventilated seats. You will have to move up to the Prestige trim which leases terribly. As for the A6, forget about the 3.0 engine. It won’t be in your price range.

If I were in your shoes, I will narrow down your list to 3 cars and also narrow down your list of “must haves”. Maybe break it down to “nice to haves”. Just my $0.02.

2 Likes

Is the Toyota Camry not an option? I’m sure you could a loaded Camry XSE with most of your must- haves. I’m not sure about the ventilated seats though

1 Like

the 2021 A4 now adds the 360 camera and has ventilated seat options on the premium plus trim :slight_smile:
yeah i can always tune the 2.0t in the A6 and have the same performance as the maxima.

not a fan of toyotas sadly. Never have been.

@mikey319 - The only other car (not on your list) that has most of your must haves is the Infiniti Q50.

1 Like

Damn. I get it though!

I checked and you could get all of your must haves with the XSE loaded besides the 360 camera. Good luck on your search! :grinning:

1 Like

Good luck finding one with the options you want in your price range by 12/14.

1 Like

The current gen Camry is vastly improved as a driver vs. previous gens. Haven’t driven a current-gen Accord, though, so can’t compare.

Does the Accord have ventilated seats and 360 camera on any trim?

1 Like