Turo with your leased vehicle

Has anyone gone through the GM Financial lease contract to see if we are allowed to use Turo?
I called and they had no idea what turo even was…
Thanks in advance!

I have never seen a lease contract that allows subletting.

4 Likes

Would be great to turn my almost free bolt into a cash cow!

If only it wasn’t for that pesky contract.

2 Likes

Yup! I’m also waiting for an offer from Wrapify!

It was a great and easy hustle a couple years ago esp if you got a high scoring lease and wanted to take a bit of risk. Personal leases generally never allow for car sharing as others have noted.

Downside now is Turo mostly. Not owner friendly at all on damage claims and over mileage penalties are non existent.

If you can swing it a better play would be to lease the car you want and keep it exclusively for your personal use and then buy a 10k ish used low maintenance low depreciation car that you only use for Turo, get around or Hyre car etc. That way when Karen smokes in it or trashes it it’s just an annoyance vs something you lose sleep over.

Feel free to pm me, but depending on your market the other platforms tend to be a bit better from a hassle vs return standpoint.

2 Likes

Thank you so much appreciate it!

I haven’t seen one in years now that doesn’t expressly forbid subletting. If it’s not in its own section of the standard lease agreement, it’s usually clarified in the section where you can’t assign your lease to a third party, even for an afternoon.

In Texas, you have to sign lessee affidavit saying you aren’t going to use it for business

1 Like

BMW allows for an additional fee to rent.

I don’t know of any manufacturers which let you do it beside BMW, and even then its limited to only WA CA OR: https://www.bmwusa.com/car-and-ride-sharing.html

1 Like

In another word, not a great idea. If GM ever finds out, they can either sue or fine for inappropriate use

I’m also looking for something the same!