Trying to lease Volvo XC90

Trying to understand the forums and figure out how to negotiate a good deal.

Dealer says: 2019 XC90 inscription Sale price: $55,830 ($10k under MSRP including A-plan pricing) $2k down, 12k/yr 36mo Payment: $645

I don’t understand the MSD’s and tried reading a bunch of threads but I only found people listed what was, not what they were or how to get them.

Is this a good deal? I was targeting under $600 payment, but is that not feasible?

Thank you

Bad deal. Don’t do a-plan, rather target 10-11% off MSRP before any incentives (find out what they are for your zip, and also get MF and RV from the dealer and from Edmunds). When you have all numbers, you can add up to 10 MSDs.
Also, depending on where you are, brokers like @Benedetto, @nyclife, @aronchi can get you the deal you want and then some

MSDs - multiple security deposits, are refundable deposit that you can pay at signing of your lease, and they will be returned to you at the end of the lease.
Paying MSD will lower one of the parameters in the lease calculation thus lowering your monthly payment.

For example (not precise numbers), if your Volvo lease is $500, and you put down 7 msds (1 msd = 1 month payment, $500s so 7 msds is $3500) that will lower your monthly payment to $470. And you get your $3500 back at end of lease.

Paying msds is a good investment of your money - in the example above you essentially get $30/mo return on $3500 invested.

2 Likes

10k off is prob 15+ % off…seems solid…should look to do msds. Good luck

It’s 13.9% off. But its basically what they list online. They didn’t move from there. With $5700 due at signing its $593 / mo. But I don’t want to put that much down and they weren’t budging on price.

$10k off is not 15% off MSRP before incentives when lease cash is $5500.

That was a rough estimate without knowing the msrp…looks like brokers are at 16% or so for that model…target that or else might be worth reaching out to the brokers if the cost w fee is less than what you can get on your own.

You can’t compare post incentives with the brokers because they vary by region. Need to compare pre incentive.

It’s a-plan, so it’s going to be roughly 7% off pre-incentive

Don’t forget me!

1 Like

And @Bostoncarconcierge

1 Like

Very true!

Really?..

Yeah, him also. But his name is too long to type :grin:

1 Like

Question about MSD. If you traded/sold your leased Volvo before lease end, would you still be refunded the MSD? Just curious.

Yes, VCFS will send you a check for your MSDs shortly after the account is closed.

That’s a wrong answer. I’m currently in this situation with Infiniti. The payoff quote includes msd’s, in other words the payoff quote is the actual payoff amount minus msds. So you need to keep that in mind.

Thank you very much!

Oh! I need to check this out. I maxed out my MSD’s.

It’s the wrong answer for Infiniti, but is it the wrong answer for Volvo?

1 Like

Do you simply ask your dealer if they accept MSD’s? I thought certain states or manufacturers didn’t accept them?