Trusted Hackrs Nomination

I also nominate @Phantomcypher if only for hearing more about what’s in his driveway! :sunglasses:

He must provide photos of his fleet, or I’ll vote against :slight_smile:

Yes, totally agree. I think a lot of people have contributed a lot to the forum. I can say i am addicted to reading posts. It is a good forum. Thats awesome having the most read post. :slight_smile:

I do not mind about all these badges but sometimes we all need a pat on the back. :slight_smile:

pat

:slight_smile:

Awesome. No need for badges now. :slight_smile:

I nominate @NY13 for his useful responses

Thanks! I’m glad you like my posts. :slight_smile: I’d like to recommend @vhooloo as well. :slight_smile:

@chrispbacon
@SteveHackr
@vhooloo

I’m not sure how chrispbacon can be considered a “trusted” hackr since he spends much of his time and energy on this forum peddling fake rebates

But for free, so doesn’t that change things a bit?

Nope. Fraud is fraud.

I couldn’t agree more. His dealings with the Lexus rebates are the antithesis of what this forum stands for. If is the type of fraud that will make it a no brainer for Lexus to never do that kind of incentive offer again. Lexus picked a weak vendor to admin the program and several people were able to game them and take advantage of the lack of security.

+1

Hackr or hacking a great car deal is not unethical … fraud is not only unethical, but just not cool.

Ummm. I can tell you first hand the PGA worked for me.

Way to miss the point.

I did, my apologies. I understand that it may be unethical in some ways, however I also consider it an exploit. Being immersed in the IT world with my profession, “hackers” work tirelessly for exploits. I ask you to consider the name “LeaseHackr” and keep in mind that “Hackr” means: A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.
synonyms: cybercriminal, pirate, computer criminal, keylogger, keystroke logger;

In that context, Mr. Bacon lived up to the “Hacker” name and many benefitted from it.

You can justify it all you want. It’s still fraud. Just because someone leaves their front door open doesn’t mean you should walk in and take their TV.

I hope you don’t go back to that dealer to service your car when/if Lexus rejects your cert. Even if it doesn’t happen, you still used a fraudulent cert to get $1,000.

A hack is a clever solution to a problem. You can ask the admins but I’ll bet they never intended to use the cybercrime connotation of the word.

Whether they did/didn’t, it still embodies the site, which may bring some nefarious tactics in which some are uncomfortable to be associated with. You said it, “A hack is a clever solution to a problem”. Problem: Dealerships like to pull one over on customers sometimes. i.e. THIS GUY. Clever Solution: Utilizing an exploited certificate to level the playing field.

May I suggest you spare us the “Dudley Do Right” speech.