TrueCar Instant cash offer: Final update

Oh No Eating GIF by Declan McKenna

2 Likes

AG’s reaction

5 Likes

Has the AG made an offer on your car yet? Its odd that you can get an instant cash offer on the AG’s website now…

3 Likes

The only factual thing to add is that the AG is probably thinking of a career change after dealing with you and this “case”.

I hope you let him know that you were just offered $2k more than the original offer - and passed on it lol

3 Likes

It’s now called MPX, my dudes.

3 Likes

All the cool kids are getting it. I’m trying to score an invite to an MPX party

2 Likes

When I read the original thread and convo with the dealer, I definitely got the sense the OP was itching for a fight and didn’t get the sense the goal was just to get the deal. It’s your time and if you want to go back and forth with a dealer over something like this, it’s your call. I prefer to vote with my wallet and my time. Frankly the tone and tenor came off combative practically from the jump.

I can’t stand dealer shenanigans, games or tricks as much as the next guy. But knowing how lead gen and such works, the dealer has plenty of leeway with adjustments to the algo offer. And frankly what OP were asking for was for them to sort of affirm the offer before seeing the car - It was wise of them not to do that and probably wise for OP not to sell it to them under those circumstances. And that probably should have been the end of it.

But to escalate to the state AG? I’m not sure if that was a Karen move or just too much time on OP’s hands. Frankly life is so busy, I guess I’m just jealous of anyone with so much free time.

12 Likes

Dude! Slap on those chaps and cap, and BE the party!

3 Likes

Waiting for @LamboRMe to chime in on the matter.

Looks like I’ll be waiting for a while…

2 Likes

ROFL. Soon De Santis will be offering cash for clunkers instant offer on his website …

Maybe Truecar made a donation to the AG re-election find …

1 Like

Guys he’s learning, you have to argue with your alts to make it less suspicious!

When I googled “MPX”, all results were for the SIG MPX :thinking:

1 Like

Mpxv is what youre actually looking for

@wam22

3 Likes

I figured what it was without googling :slightly_smiling_face:

He didn’t just want the truecar offer, but also a good discount on a Wagoneer from same dealer.

there are stickers? I want stickers!

I am not reading all this nonsense poopypants however TrueCar had a fair amount of layoffs at the start of Covid and I doubt they have rehired much of that staff. They aren’t really in a position to be disciplining dealerships in general, especially now that so many have canceled or cut down on their services.

3 Likes

Final Update: The dealer is still a TrueCar client and OP is still full of s**t.

1 Like

Grow up. This is the third or fourth personal attack on OP, which is unwarranted regardless of the situation. Especially when the thread is a week old.