Trading 2018 Subaru Outback. Getting 2020 Honda Civic Si

Sometimes dealer will not honor it, but I’ve heard good and the bad.

Why do people mention Rodo?.. their pricing is fairly easy to beat

1 Like

Carvana still in the lead and still moving fast to process my paperwork for the buy!

As an option to selling to Carvana: have dealer match their offer to make it a one stop deal, but only if you have a good deal lined up already. Otherwise, don’t lose time with Carvana.

If you still have enough miles left on the Outback, it might make sense to hold onto it until the end of the lease and then get a Civic. Deals usually are better in December, and hopefully more Civics will be available then. However, with the virus, all bets are off on whether December will be better than now.

1 Like

Great point, but will the deals be better enough to cover the 1K equity she currently has in the Outback in addition to avoiding dispo fee and any potential wear and tear charges? I’d still sell now

1 Like

Selling! Carvana coming Thursday! $1400 profit! Thank you!!!

4 Likes

$351 tax included monthly on a lease for a 2020 Honda Civic Si . . . how does that sound? Nothing down. No cash no nothing paid. Sign and drive.

Sounds high. But we need all the deets, MSRP, RV, MF, selling price before incentives, rebates, etc. Can you post the dealer worksheet? (blur out dealer and personal info)

36 months. 12,000 miles.
$0 due at signing.
$26,155 MSRP with no discount. No accessories added.
$351 tax included
Residual 64%
Money Factor .00041

Yeah the fact that they’re giving no discount should be a huge red flag. Is this the same dealer you went to in person? I’d verify the money factor on Edmunds and research other recent Civic Si deals here to see what discount may be attainable. But 0% is insulting, I’d find a different dealer if they won’t budge off MSRP.

1 Like

My last two SIs sold at sticker. They are very low supply. It is definitely a fun car to drive but if you want to buy a deal you’re probably going to want to find something different at the moment. Hopefully inventory picks up in the Fall.

1 Like

@sledbeagle2 – on Edmunds, the 64% RV and .00041 MF match – and yes, @HondaSoCal, it does seem that these go quickly and are in low supply – I’m trying to have a little manual fun during the weird lockdown days.

Are there any other manual cars out there that lease better than this? (for this price point)

1 Like

And pay for that little fun for 3 years? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Fair point – I mean, we aren’t doing much and need a second car anyhow – this will be lower than the Subaru payment we have gotten used to, and be sporty to drive

If you like it and it fits your budget then have at it.

Are you overpaying based on the current market? No.

Could you save $50+ a month somewhere in the future? Probably

2 Likes

well, that’s a good question – anyone have any thoughts?!

I guess you have a good point there, too! Not sure we are gonna wait, but yeah . . . good point!

Almost anything will be more fun to drive than an Outback lol

4 Likes