Trading 2018 Subaru Outback. Getting 2020 Honda Civic Si

Or at least that is the plan — I have a payoff of $23,345 on the outback. It has 19,500 miles and six months left on the lease. I would like to get a dealer to take it and offer me close to the payoff amount and then walk into the Civic Si without a big down payment.

I’m at the dealer now trying to work a deal. $20K seems low for the outback. KBB cash offer is higher. How is the demand for nice Limited trim outbacks with low mileage?

Go home and do research- don’t sign anything while you are there tonight, you will likely get hosed. Please don’t be one of those who signs and THEN asks us to evaluate the deal.

3 Likes

Will do. Dinner awaits me anyhow. I’m fine with making them sweat too. But maybe somehow this thread will find me what I want!

1 Like

I’m getting the full price sheet. I’ll show you what I have so far.

Did you check Carvana, Vroom, etc for payoff quotes?

1 Like

I will check Carvana and Vroom. Thanks! Car Max was a looooowww ball at 18,500

Not surprised. The other offers should be higher than that but no way to tell. Plug in the VIN and all the deets and let us know what they come back with.

I’m getting the real price sheet from Honda now. And meanwhile Carvana came in at 24,300! Is that real? Should I sell to them and then buy locally at Honda without a trade? Or should I trade and apply the equity to Carvana?

This is a great deal… for the dealer.

1 Like

Yes check Vroom and anything else but if the offer is higher than your payoff they’ll cut you a check for the difference and you should do that ASAP!

3 Likes

Pinching myself. I shouldn’t hesitate. Should I

Like I said before, what did Vroom offer?

22450 Vroom

Carvana for sure, take the 1k and run. Gamble holding onto it if you’re a risky man/woman.

2 Likes

I’d take Carvana’s offer then. Why not make money? Instead of paying lease end costs. Only downside currently is finding a solid deal on a new vehicle, that may be the only reason to wait but it’s a crapshoot.

Here’s the deal on the Civic Si just lease with no trade.

What a joke, MSRP, and after markets? Make sure that money factor of 0.00041 isn’t marked up, search forum.edmumds.com and 2020 civic for the correct thread.

Also for gods sake, don’t pay sticker, I’d cry if I see another terrible civic deal. You could finance for near that on a 60 month 0% apr no?

1 Like