Trading 2018 Subaru Outback. Getting 2020 Honda Civic Si

Horrible offer - time to go home and eat that dinner. Get that Carvana check, do some solid research and then reach out to dealers via email.

Okay! Thank you! I’m selling to Carvana and I hope I can get a dealer on here to give me a better offer. I’m ready to buy! Haven’t had a manual in years :slight_smile:

@HondaSoCal, @omegaauto , and @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto are all excellent Honda dealer/brokers out of CA.

Don’t let HondaSoCal sell you an appearance package, undercoating, or carbon fiber spoiler for your type R (I kid?).

BTW, commandments of leasehackr, 1% rule is stupid, never go to the dealer, never go to the dealer, never go to the dealer ,always use MSDs if available unless transferring or in need of cash, and always do your research.

2 Likes

I am learning! I knew enough to come here before signing. I am grateful for this help!

Going to sell now to Carvana and then find a great lease! This is going to be a success story!

1 Like

Love the attitude!

Take the Carvana deal, walk away from that Honda dealer quick! $375 for a $26K car for 3 years??? Yikes.

2 Likes

Something is wrong, isn’t it. What am I missing in now they are structuring the lease?

They did not take anything off the MSRP and they are adding on almost $2K of aftermarket stuff. Honda’s don’t lease well compared to Subarus. I would keep looking but if you are only wanting a Honda, don’t go to the dealership. Look on CarGurus for the car you want that has been sitting on the lot the longest and start sending emails looking for 10-15% the MSRP. Also, try buying towards the end of the month. The people here will help you. Good luck.

stop walking into dealers search LH for deals then start emailing dealers.

Lesson learned! I always thought I needed the real price sheets, though — and dealers are always making me come in for those. Is there another way?

Email

Hahaha! True! I guess I haven’t had luck yet with dealers and transparency without being in person.

You’re going to want to figure out what your target deal is for the car you’re trying to lease. Edmunds forums for incentives, mf and rv. Research recent leases for a realistic discount off msrp. Put together your target lease deal, and email all the dealers in your area.

Or go to the marketplace section of the forum and use a broker.

Carvana. Vroom. Any other places to sell like those?

@Guildenstern There’s also Shift.

@hersheysweet shoutout appreciated however I don’t pay the forum cost to due business on LH so I always respect that rule.

@guildenstern this is unfortunately the WORST time to get an Si. Covid has jacked up the inventory flow and most dealerships have 0, 1, or 2. Most dealerships aren’t trading them, discounting them, etc.

1 Like

Check out Rodo. You can get a Honda Accord sport for $301 (includes 9.5% tax) with first payment due at signing. This is great option if you don’t want to negotiate wit dealers. Hope your credit is good.

Dealers will avoid transparency over the phone or in the dealer. Put together the deal based on information from Edmunds, LH forum posts, etc. and only then start contacting dealers.

I get it! I am already understanding so much more. I used to go in to the dealer with all my calculations of the lease and then negotiated $1000 here and there – but this would be so much nicer to stay home and haggle! Even without Covid!

RODO? Never heard of it! Going to look now. Thanks!