Toyota of Dallas - TX Only

After selling my Chrysler Pacifica to CarMax for a positive equity offer I couldn’t refuse, Derek got me hooked up with a great deal on a replacement 2021 Sienna Limited. He delivered it to my house 30 miles away within a couple of hours with all paperwork and we were done in under 15 minutes! Nice and trustworthy guy would highly recommend for your Toyota needs.

4 Likes

Like so many others have stated before I just want to comment on how great and easy my purchase was with Derek. Everything was as stated, no surprises and we were in and out very quickly. Thanks Derek, my wife loves the Venza!

3 Likes

Derek got my brother in a new RAV4. Great experience; in and out of the dealership in 15 minutes with zero pressure from anyone regarding additional sales/services. Highly recommend his services.

2 Likes

Derek is a legend. Just bought a 2021 Tacoma TRD Sport from him! He drove it down 3 hours to deliver it to me. We face-timed & the process was very easy. Definitely would recommend him as the go-to guy if you’re buying a new Toyota in Texas! Very informative and throws in humor as well.

2 Likes

Derek was great to work with on my recent purchase of the 2021 Highlander. He was able to respond to all my questions and made the experience smooth and easy. He is the real deal. I was a little nervous going into this, but it was 100% genuine. No “bait-and-switch” BS here.

2 Likes

Enjoyed working with Derek so much I sent my parents to him and they just grabbed a Rav4 XLE w/ convenience! Much better deal with way more features than the awful Nissan Rogue S they had. My mom is pumped and Derek of course made it easy.

1 Like

Got out new Highlander Platinum from Derek last night. Transaction was quick and smooth. You won’t find a better deal, so don’t even bother looking. Derek is the utmost professional and you will be happy you worked with him! Thanks Derek!

1 Like

Just made it back home about an hour ago, but I snagged this TRD Sport 4x4 from Derek. I wasn’t even planning on leasing, more of a what’s out there situation but the offer and process was so good I couldn’t say no. Everything went super smooth, will definitely look forward to more deals! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you Derek for taking such a great care of us on this new Tacoma lease. We’ve never had an easier car buying experience! He is extremely responsive and provided all the necessary information to make the best decision.

Don’t hesitate to work with Derek if you’re in TX! He will not waste your time and make sure you’re satisfied with your purchase.

2 Likes

Huge thanks to @derekoh1991 for a fantastic experience! No high pressure sales, no BS, just a solid deal and signing a few papers.

This was my first lease experience and I was on the fence about it but Derek made it so easy. I needed a car ASAP, I messaged Derek at 7pm on Friday night, and I was driving home with my new Highlander less than 24 hours later. My credit was even a little lower than I had told Derek, but he made it happen regardless. He’s a great guy to deal with, prices couldn’t be beat, and I would highly recommend to talk with him first if you’re looking for a Toyota lease in TX.

2 Likes

WOW…Derek does it again for me…We leased a 2020 Highlander XLE from him back in July. Its been nearly 1 year and I got a letter from the dealer asking to buy back the vehicle and they would try to get me into a 2021 model…

I called up Derek and asked him to work put the numbers and BOY…WHAT A SHOCKER!

He called me up at around mid-day, today on June 28th saying that he could get me into a Highlander LIMITED at nearly the price we got for the XLE…just an estimated 3 cents difference on an already great deal…

I asked the wife and she jumped on the chance and Derek made the deal happen the same day and he graciously drove to McKinney from the dealership in the heavy rain…

By 5:45pm, the deal was done and we traded in our 2020 XLE for a 2021 Limited with a whopping price difference of $3.00 in the payment…not only that, he was able to waive the 1st payment…

My wife and I thought that our first lease with him was a doozy, but man…this deal was amazing…my wife and I still can’t believe what happened…even he admitted this was probably a unicorn deal and I concur!

The Limited is wow and were are glad we bit the bullet with this deal and Derek made it happen!

Highly recommend and will definitely do business with him again…

The fact that he drove up to get the papers signed and delivered the vehicles is just amazing and he has seriously gotten a customer for life…I really cant put into words or even describe how this deal went and I hope that Derek will respond because man…just amazing…

Thanks Derek!

2 Likes

I’m newish to LeaseHackr and though I appreciate the educational aspects of the site, I have not had stellar experiences with the Seller portion. (I understand LeaseHackr’s focus is on education rather than facilitating sales.) Maybe it’s the current state of the market but so far I’ve found even the more highly regarded sellers on here don’t seem to want to bother to be properly informed or helpful.

For example, I found this to be the case with both Ryan_Squillace and derekoh1991.

As soon as Ryan heard I was looking at Rav4 Primes, he didn’t want to have anything to do with me and failed to provide any kind of explanation or suggestions.

Derek was much better about communicating but still not nearly as great as I was expecting given the past glowing reviews on here. He was usually quick to respond when he did, but he would not always respond or answer my questions. He was surprisingly uninformed about how Toyota’s EV tax credits were phasing out later this year and how they worked with Toyota’s leases. But the worst part was he didn’t seem to care to properly find out the answers to these things then refused to believe what I found after I took the time to do the research on my own. (For those wondering, Toyota’s EV tax credits begin phasing out in October 2022 and they are not passing these credits through on leases.) Also, during our communication, Derek said he had a Rav4 Hybrid available. I literally had to ask him 5 times to send me information on the Rav4 Hybrid before he finally did and it ended up being $7,500 over MSRP! I mean, I could get this kind of experience from any ole Toyota salesperson. I don’t need to go to a highly regarded LeaseHackr referral for it.

I don’t doubt other people have had stellar experiences with Derek and Ryan. Maybe it’s just this crazy market that has allowed them to become less-than-stellar. Regardless, I thought I should share my experience to provide some realistic balance in these reviews.

1 Like

I usually wouldn’t respond to things like this, but just like you want to “share your experience and provide some realistic balance” I’d like to share my FACTS. Below is the extent of our conversation with each other. You asked me for info on a vehicle and I simply stated that it’s an impossible car for me to obtain. All these assumptions you’re making on this review with my name attached to it is stemming from our interaction below? Pretty wild in my opinion. Also, I decided to add another picture. That’s a trophy I received for being the top reviewed (positively) Toyota sales rep at the largest Toyota store in the state of TX and the 4th largest in the nation. Anyone who would like to know the experience you’ll receive from me just check my actual page. I am here to help if I can and if I can’t I simply state that as well :+1:

2 Likes

@Ryan_S, what you chose to leave off your screenshot is disappointing and is exactly representative of the type of “less-than-stellar” experience I was referring to in my review. Like I said, I’m sure other people have had a good experience with you and will continue to do so.

If it’s impossible it’s impossible. Why the need for further clarification? Lots of things aren’t possible in this market, everyone knows why. Supply. Demand. He responded saying he can’t help. Move on. I have one at $5000 over msrp if that helps. That’s the market…

1 Like

He’s $5,000 over plus shipping. I will do $6,000 to cover the shipping. So might be cheaper. Might be not. Choice is yours.