Toyota Mirai $20,000 subvention + $15,000 fuel card

Got excited when i got the email, then realized it was for Cali.

Someone might want to take advantage of the deal.

1 Like

Calling Cody to ‘explain the deal in layman’s terms’

Hehe

Edit : Nevermind, this is already on his site and at a better price than this ad.
You get the $7500 but it’s still almost $500/month for a car.

:rocket::rocket::rocket: I’ve shipped a couple to NorCal this week.

I see these every so often…little puffs of steam and some dribbling water out of the tailpipe, usually following acceleration.

1 Like

The local station usually has 2-4 cars lined up for the single pump.

1 Like

Have a question. What’s the point of making MSRP higher if Toyota is going to give $20,000 subvention?

Owners seem to be driving them rather conservatively…usually lane 3 or 4…they seem to want to stay out of everyone’s way. Reminds me of when Prius was first introduced, before they migrated into the HOV fast lanes, and now go slow in lane 1, because they think they own it.

Production cost is like $150k.

1 Like

Are these only available in Cali? None show in inventory for NJ.

You might notice that there are almost zero Stations outside of CA.
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/hydrogen_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=HY

1 Like

There aren’t any hydrogen filling stations outside of CA. I assume Toyota wouldn’t sell you a car you couldn’t fill up.

Best hydrogen car write-up I remember… still, it may work for some folks.

Yeah, I searched and figured that out after I asked. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another question, @Cody_Carter says production costs is $150k, MSRP is $50-60k and Toyota provides a 20k credit and 15k in fuel cards, so how do they make money with these?

1 Like

They don’t. I bet it’s to get some CA credits or meet some other goal that CA set.

And by acceleration you mean 0 to 60 in 15s…

It’s about credits. Every Mirai is like selling 4 Prius for credits

1 Like

Per car, you’ve got to be joking.

1 Like

There WAS one for sale in NJ awhile back!

1 Like

Are these a headache to own? My parents are shopping for an EV, plug-in hybrid or hydrogen fuel cell right now since they just qualified for the Clean Cars for All program in California, they are receiving $9500 award if they purchase any of those types of cars.

How many filling stations do they have in close proximity of where they live and where they normally drive? If the answer points to a single point of failure for fill stations, expect huge headaches at the worst possible time from the station being down, long refilling times, etc. Right now, the infrastructure for hydrogen cars is pathetic for all but a few corner cases.