Toyota is ramping up for a return to a full production schedule…

Finally some good news from Toyota!!!

It appears Toyota is ramping up for a return to a full production schedule…

“Toyota has announced it will be back to full global production capacity in December. In fact, the company says it anticipates churning out 800,000 vehicles next month, up from the 760,000 it made in December of 2020.”

“Nobody inside Toyota is revealing how the automaker has been able to secure enough chips to return to full production levels. However, the company has said it will do so without removing features from its vehicles, a corner many automakers have been cutting so they can make their dwindling chip supply stretch further.”

Toyota Busts The Car Microchip Shortage (msn.com)

….

5 Likes

In which it will take about 3 to 6 months to be returned to 100% inventory. Still no discount on Supra though

2 Likes

Omicron has entered the thread…

4 Likes

With any luck, Molnupiravir will also enter the thread

Vaxart will be the answer

Mom Futurama GIF

2 Likes

Here’s a list of Toyota’s current production plants in the United States…

Toyota appears to be the first vehicle manufacture that has publicly stated that they’re close to solving their microchip shortage…

“Toyota has announced it will be back to full global production capacity in December. In fact, the company says it anticipates churning out 800,000 vehicles next month, up from the 760,000 it made in December of 2020.”

Since so many Toyota‘s are built in United States… dealership inventory should start to recover soon…

It’s great to see the economy starting to recover!!

….

….

there is already a thread for the toyota production news & this has been discussed in other auto shortage threads too

1 Like

Based on what Toyota has told our region… we are told not to expect any real inventory build up till 2023 so we will see…

5 Likes

I’m also not expecting any inventory build up either based on current trends.

7 Likes

And for some reason we’ve had to read ad nauseum about jeep wranglers. This deserves its own thread

6 Likes

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Full production by next month means we’re at least 1 year away from having decent inventory levels at dealerships.

What we’ll see is prices on used vehicles come down much faster than on new vehicles which will further increase dealer profits.

I bet in 2023 some dealers will still use the “chip shortage” to mark up many vehicles even if they have a dozen or more of that same model sitting on the lot.

2 Likes

Not those who understand that the key to their livelihood is flow-through and start feeling the effect of hitting customers over the head for much of 2021.

4 Likes

deserves its own thread not 2 thread LOL

Guess I’m just excited about a car manufacturer coming back, especially after I just got quoted 700 a month effective for a chevy blazer rs.

hahah

ouch…that is horrible

1 Like

I more then anyone besides maybe Cody and Derek want it to normalize. It just doesn’t look like it will happen for another year. There’s more issues then just chips.

6 Likes

Just funny that Toyota (& Ford mostly) started running holiday sales event ads claiming to be the best time to buy…🤦

3 Likes

Perhaps some dealers won’t but I imagine most will until long after the crisis has passed. Being an informed shopper I know when I am shopping for a less popular model/how much inventory the dealer has/how many similar models are on lots in the region/how long those models have been sitting.

Buying my Accord a few years back I was shocked at how many salesman at different dealerships told me I needed to act fast since I was shopping a popular model and there weren’t many available. C’mon man, you have 20 of the trim I am looking for and half have been on the lot for 180+ days.

Or buying my Jetta a month ago when the salesman said I got a great deal since Jettas we’re normally going for 5k-10k over MSRP. I already was buying the car, he didn’t even need to lie to me but kept doing it.

4 Likes