Toyota BZ4X vs Subaru Solterra Lease Question

The heart wants what it wants?

@Dystuen the Solterra is also eligible for VIP pricing in the unlikely event you can’t get a dealer to part with one for less than invoice.

Overnight. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’s a car campout every weekend

1 Like

Real talk…

3 Likes

Can you clarify?

My main goal was to lease to acquire the credit and then buy it right after

seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1 Like

Lol. Care to explain why not?

Any particular reason these are your choices? This is like choosing between a punch in the face and a kick in the nuts.

7 Likes

I figured you can’t go wrong with Toyota. They have reputation of making reliable cars. Maybe I’m wrong? Seems like everyone in this thread is bashing these two

Assume the second fix for the whompy wheels actually took: it’s a Gen1 Ev (most competitors have better battery and charging) that was priced for a different market and whose reviews have been at best: meh. If you are 1000% certain you will drive it for the next 10 years, it was just a poor value but who remembers? If you have any hope of selling/trading in 3-5 years, at least if you threw that money in a barrel and lit it on fire you’d get some waste heat.

1 Like

Is the ID4 a better choice than these two?

My vote would be yes, others may think differently. If the Solterra was a $299/mo sign and drive for 24 months I’d consider it. The only way I’d own one is if I won it in a raffle I didn’t enter.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info.

So much hatred for this car, as if it rolled down a hill and ran over your dog or something :joy:

People are being a little harsh. I’ve been in one it’s not that bad. Just needs to be way cheaper to compensate for being outdated the minute it rolled off the factory floor. Just look at the charging spec for both dc and ac.

2 Likes

It was outdated 10 years ago.

1 Like

If they were being offered at $99/mo everybody would be fans of them. They are the third-worst EV in the market today and the worst available outside California, so for what they’re charging, they’re terrible.

(Worst two being VinFast and Mazda MX-30)

ETA : this is not an objective list

1 Like

First link for vip is no good as Solterra is excluded

1 Like

Did you spend at least 10 minutes reading the Google results of this car?

2 Likes

Did you miss the second link from when I checked VIP and it wasn’t excluded??

Its a really bad car relative to the offerings from competitors. It lags behind in all the key areas like range, charging speed, tech, etc.

2 Likes