Totally confused by Acura numbers. Help

Trying to get the best numbers. On edmunds, it’s says a MDX sh awd should be purchased at around 41,5. Sticker is around 47,6. Rebates are roughly 8k. KBB can’t possibly be including rebates in the fair purchase price can they. Just doesn’t add up. Anybody have a good number before rebates?

Why not get some dealer quotes instead of wasting your time on useless stuff like this. Or comparing it to other MDX deals once you have quotes

You answered your own question “purchase” price, lease incentives are different. Did you go to the lease section of edmunds? You need 10% plus whatever lease cash

1 Like

I guess when I saw “ask the hackers”, I thought it might be a good idea to ask a hacker and be prepared before I went in. But to give you an answer, there’s only one Acura dealership close to me. So instead of going in an offering 41,500 which is well below invoice, thought it wise to check on here. But thank you so much for your time and effort on this. It’s always appreciated. Maybe instead of “ask the hackrs”, it should be changed to “proceed with caution, trusted hackrs are emotionally unstable and like anybody on the computer they turn into an internet tough guy”. That seems fitting.

Joe, I think I know it said “purchase price”, which is why I ask on “ask the hackrs” what a solid price would be? Sorry I friggin ask. It’ll never happen again.

1 Like

Don’t waste your time going in. Communicate via email. But realistically if you only have 1 dealer next to you don’t expect to receive an amazing deal. If you want to get a good deal start communicating via email with all the other Acura dealers around.

Sorry, you have to have thick skin on here. Some people are going to be more blunt and rude than others. Just don’t take it personal and keep asking the forum.

But for you Acura deal, from my experience they don’t lease super well. For the price for an Acura you can get something more.

But as they said, discounts are going to vary heavily per dealer. If I were you I would shoot for 10-13% off MSRP for the MDX. It might be worth the drive if theres dealers a little ways away. I drove 4 hours to get my car, but use that as leverage and make sure you stress that to the New Car Sales manager. It shows you’re serious and let them know you wont make the drive until the deal is all done. When you get lease numbers let us know. Make sure to get the MF (Money Factor), Sales Price, Residual, etc to fill out the calculator.

If you can go check out other brands that may lease better unless you have the heart set on the MDX.

Use the below as a reference for a MDX:

You can use the dealer to purchase or as a reference.

Maybe I should get my :spoon: out

3 Likes

That sounds pretty accurate actually

I think you’ve already gotten good advice. We’re happy to help when someone has done some solid research, and has a lease quote/worksheet from a dealer or dealers to share. Also, the search button on this site is your friend. Looking at other deals people have posted can let you know what a reasonable dealer discount looks like on a particular vehicle. One last thing. This site has plenty of trusted brokers. Search for one in your area and they can work you out a great deal, and save you the legwork for a small fee.

Hey mods, can we make @Aston88 a Trusted Hackr? He seems to fit the criteria.

2 Likes