Topics go poof or has been deleted?

I was talking to some guy who made a statement about Kia, and his topic went poof after 2 hours. I thought topics get locked or moved to landfill but this is a first where a topic is deleted.

Is that normal?

1 Like

It was merged into Help Wanted and unlisted. Poof…

Doesn’t the Merge leave a traces like ‘This has been moved’? - I don’t see any.

And same with Unlisted, it says your topic has been unlisted?

1 Like

If it’s the first post in a thread, when you merge, after a period of time, the thread goes away.

The traces of merged posts only happen if the posts moved don’t include the first post of the thread.

Interesting, I can’t find this ‘Help Wanted Thread’ so I assume it’s a private thread like LandFill (Or it’s in Landfill).

Usually I can trace any thread I’ve been reading even it’s been landfilled.

I don’t think I’ve had a thread poof where I’m actively reading it before, I said a (1) on my list and I went there and it was gone. Someone here mentioned DELETED threads so I was curious as it just happened to me.

That’s exactly what I mean! It’s not there.

That topic was about Kia allowing buyouts, and I said they always have…he then whined a little about it, because he might’ve gotten a lemon, and now the topic is poof and I can’t find it any posts.

OP requested to delete the topic as OP found it to be unproductive, since it’s not news.

3 Likes

ah, thank you

So topics can be deleted by admins without a trace

I meant a different KIA topic, my bad lol

Usually upon request. Not norm. for us to go around and delete topics.

1 Like

We can’t delete topics, we can only unlist them.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]