Too good to be true? Volvo XC90

Well, as you stated, a deal is not a deal until I sign for it… Thus my question here in the first place… At what point does trying to find exactly what you want for a good price become greed? I’m pretty shocked at these last two responses.

Furthermore…let me make sure I understand your concept of greed… a local dealer won’t provide you the specific numbers you’re asking for after multiple asks, only a ball park deal sheet, you come across a better match at another dealership, and asking that dealership if they can come close to a deal you’ve been offered is greed…

GTFOH…

Multiple times I’ve had the email from a dealer stating an out the door price, only to drive down there and be greeted with a much higher price… Yet I’m the greedy one for not taking the “almost what I want” deal in front of me without asking about the exact car I want…

some peoples kids…

2 Likes

That was a hell of a response to us simply saying a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. If you don’t like the color combo that’s fine but don’t ask for our advice if no matter how good of a deal it is you’re going to pass it up anyways. Good luck buddy.

2 Likes

Blah blah.
You are coming here to ask for advice, then you get mad when you are called out for after advice is given. Stop being a child just grow up and get the deal if you are looking for a deal.
Majority of the deal takers are going after deals. The car does not have to be the exact car you want with exact color or options. If the deal is good or great who cares about having everything satisfied?

If you want the exact car you want, go buy the exact car for the price the dealer is asking for. Otherwise as you have stated GTFOH.

2 Likes

I didn’t pass it up, I simply came across something on a wild hunch and lobbed an email to see if it was a possibility. I’m still going to purchase that car in the morning. I shopped all the local dealers and am about to make a purchase, just happened on a whim to find something somewhere else and now I’m greedy… You can state your proverbial sayings without calling someone greedy or telling them their greed is going to cost them…

And still at what point is shopping around being greedy, I mean seriously… if everyone took the first deal they thought was a good deal, there’d be no reason for this or any other shopping site.

You two are a bad representation of what this site has to offer…

That’s funny coming from you… your only topic post ever basically asking about emailing other dealers and has the advice given to lob emails to every dealership in the area including extended area …

Pot meet Kettle…

I got a similar deal and it was the best I could find. I say go for it. And if you travel 40 minutes and he tries to jerk you around then it’s a hell of a lot less time than you spent on here already. LOL
Good luck and enjoy it! You done good.

3 Likes

I don’t see the harm in shopping around as long as you’re forthright about your intentions upfront.

1 Like

When you’ve had bunch of dealers and then a broker here tell you that the deal is “completely unheard of” (at least for the discount)?

I wouldn’t use the word “greed,” but I also wouldn’t push my luck too much.

Do you like the first car (the 2021)? 40 mins to see if the deal is real doesn’t seem like that big a deal to me, TBH.

1 Like

Totally understood and probably the reason for my frustration around the greed comments. I’d let the local dealership know my preference in colors in the beginning and I did the research to see if it was elsewhere locally and it wasn’t.

I came here b/c I wasn’t getting the firm answers from the dealership to make me feel comfortable there wasn’t going to be bait and switch. I let the dealership know that I was good at a price and he came back with “when can you come down and sign”, but I still felt 75% uncertain I’d come home with the car tomorrow. (I’m still 25% uncertain the numbers won’t be higher when I get there)

As I mentioned, the hunch to check Austin for the exact colors was met with positive results and I would consider going back a year model to get the combo if they could get the same numbers on the 2020 that this dealership was doing on a 2021. Which I thought a fair ask and didn’t have the time to haggle with them so I laid my cards on the table in an effort to circumvent a bunch of back and forth.
And I explained that very situation to the sales manager when he called me, and he seemed to understand and I told him that I’m still coming down in the a.m. to sign the papers…

Mods probably time to shut this one down. The stress of shopping for a deal is obviously getting to OP and he has the advice he need. Thanks

2 Likes

Drive the 40m, take some time for yourself and a friend as a favor or take the partner and kids, it doesn’t matter, it’s maximum of 3 hours wasted; you’re spending more time digging on this site.

Some people are living in your head rent free, and taking your time uncharged.

Yeah, there’s a limit to everything, as a hackr just go for it, sometimes there’s meet left on the bone but if it’s a good deal (Which at what @IAC calculated it definitely is), take it. Even on a loaner 15% is one solid discount. Excuse my bluntness, but in Texas, at this discount, if you can tolerate and live with the color combo and don’t want to pay more to love the car, go for it, if it’s a bait and switch nail them on the review and dealer rater, who cares.

Now I’m going to go tear my hair out, finish my OChem take home test and figure out why you haven’t signed at 15.4% pre with a payment close to what people can do in the NY tristate with TX tax. Also do MSDs if you aren’t, will save you plenty of money capitalizing texas tax.

1 Like

I would still press to back the $1,500 in dealer adds out, personally.

2 Likes

And me? @HersheySweet

People gotta make profit somewhere, honestly I’m someone who’s not against dealer adds in exchange for a larger discount. Pushing is definitely fine, but if they say no, it’s the same as taking a marked up MF for a bigger discount no?

Sorry @derekoh1991 :laughing:, thought of Chris and Ashleigh since they do (did?) volvo.

@Electric, I’m also someone who’s not against dealer adds in exchange for a larger discount.
If they remove the dealer adds, then they are going to raise the sales price anyways

I’d personally rather see rate markup than hard dealer adds on a worksheet. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Mr.mcgee or mr.magoo

Don’t take things very personal here, we have it all here, guys snaking deals, clueless individuals, people shopping down to the last penny and undoubtedly being a huge p.i.t.a, snarky commentary from the peanut gallery, etc etc

7 Likes

Feel free to ignore this thread.

3 Likes

I will but glad to know this is a place where GTFOH is acceptable.

3 Likes

OP was supposed to go sign the papers this morning…lets see how it went.