Too good to be true? Volvo XC90

I’ve been negotiating with a dealership on a 2020 demo unit and the sales manager calls me today and says the loaner has some damage and he can’t sell it and says he can put me in a 2021 for the same price he was offering the demo unit for… Here’s the deal sheet he sent me and he’s asking when I can come in and sign the deal…

I’m concerned that I’ll drive the 40 minutes it takes me to get there and it will not be the deal he’s proposing here… I’ve reached out to several other DFW area dealerships and they’ve indicated they can’t get anywhere close to this price even on a demo unit…

This is a T6 AWD with the Advanced Package and dealer added tint and wheel locks…

I’d stated that I can’t go any higher than 575 and he said come on down and let’s sign the paperwork…I’m afraid I’ll drive down there and they’ll come out with a 600+ payment…I’ve asked for MF and Residual numbers a few times and all they send me are these deal sheets…

Sorry, had to edit and remove my phone number from the screenshot…

Can you please clarify the “trade allowance” and respective payoff?

Looks like a good deal but what incentives does that include? Are you getting a good price on the trade in?

Definitely helps with the offset sales tax from the trade in, shaves off a chunk of tax.

If you know the incentives compare with other XC90 deals here and make sure the dealer discount is in the same ballpark as the current average discount.

Trade makes things hard, with Texas tax, if you’re getting tax credit or just trade, @electric and @AP919 at @iac would know better.

2 Likes

Sorry, the trade feels liberal compared to kbb.com, payoff is like 28,700.00 after I make today’s last payment on the Acura…

From what I’ve seen it’s 3K customer cash on incentives…

Did you get quotes from Vroom, carvana, etc? Do that and get them to match the highest quote.

Compare with other deals here for that trim pre-incentive. Looks like a good deal though from what I see.

What are the $1,500 in add-ons? Volvo usually includes the incentives in the discount. If you subtract out the $3,000 in incentives, you’re at 15.4%, which is completely unheard of. Even if I factor in those adds, you’re still at 13%. I didn’t run the numbers to see what MF they’re using, but it’s not a bad deal, especially not for Texas. I would ask them to remove the adds and then close it.

2 Likes

I did Carvana and was at like 27K if I recall…

The 1500 addons are window tint and wheel locks…

Where’s the other $1200 of that $1500?

11 Likes

If they are at or above market on the trade and it’s zero at signing I would go get it before he changes his mind. Sounds like you have done enough shopping to know what a good deal looks like.

Like @IAC said the discount looks high, I would ask for a full quote with exact numbers. That “between $number and $number” would make me wonder as well about if they’ll try and bait and switch you. Maybe they’re just really desperate before the end of the month, or there’s incentives being applied that you don’t know about and with the dealer addons this isn’t really that great a deal. Either way you need the detailed quote.

1 Like

Better be gold infused at that price…

@Chosen010

Redact your full name too… you missed that.

There’s a good handful fo Steve McGee’s running around :slight_smile:

So I came across the exact color scheme my wife was wanting at a dealership in Austin and shot them over a copy of my redacted deal sheet to see if by chance they’d be able to match that price on a color combo not available at any dealership in DFW… The guy replies and asks for an un-redacted deal sheet, to which I replied that I redacted the info to prevent anyone from calling and bungling up my deal at my local dealership.

Low and behold, a few hours later I get a call from the sales manager at my local dealer and he says he’s gotten a couple of calls from an Austin dealership saying I’m shopping his numbers and asks why I’d do that… I explained the color combination thing and said I’m still planning on being down there in the a.m. to sign papers.

Is this a rookie mistake on my part or an unscrupulous salesman/dealership trying to sabotage my deal?
They had to either do some deep research or email all four dealerships in DFW trying to find the one dealing with me…

A lot of dealerships you think are separate are actually owned by they same folks. Hate to say it but you’re greed is going to sabotage a great deal.

Greed sounds a bit excessive… I have a deal in front of me on a 2021, and I found the colors in a 2020 that I asked for a similar deal on in a town I’d have to drive 3 hrs to get the car from…

The deal in front of you is not a deal until you sign for it. Dealer can change his mind in a heartbeat. Your greed can backfire as others have said. The dealer owns the car, someone who pays more than you can get this she car before you make it to the dealer. It is a great deal, unheard of for Texas. Get it instead of shopping around and not getting anything at that price.