Tons of Unsold 2018 Inventory

RIP, JagWag. They’re such beautiful cars and there’s no way Jaguar will bring them back.

3 Likes

RIP all the wagonz: Audi and VW are done too. The perfect form factor … :cold_sweat:

Damn Americans and their damn misunderstanding of crossovers and wagons!

6 Likes

In fairness, the Jag Wag (as with most Jags) is a hard sell. It’s sort of luxury, but the interior sucks. It’s sort of sporty, but the reliability is horrible. It’s sort of big and useful, but not as much as an SUV. It’s too much of a compromise for most people.

That’s why Subaru sells so many Outbacks. It’s priced well, has all the safety stuff people want, is mostly reliable and because of all this people still buy them despite the CVT.

1 Like

Obvi: it’s a Jaguar. Nobody who is allergic to service department coffee, tow trucks, or loaner cars gets their whip from Tata.

My local Kia dealer has two of these on the lot and won’t deal at all.

4 Likes

That’s nuts…close to 2 model years old?!

I don’t understand Kia/Hyundai mentality recently. Back when they launched the Genesis in 2009, they made sure they advertised a whole lot, and got people in them for cheap in order to build a name for themselves.

Now with the Stinger and new G70s, they hardly deal on them, and would rather that nobody drives them at all. Do they not want to move cars?

That’s most likely because there isn’t any more factory support, so they need a sucker to come in and pay close to sticker or the discount comes out of their pocket. In theory, nobody is dumb enough to pay 50k for a 2 model year old Stinger, but the hope from the dealership is someone actually is.

Looks like they’re dug in and waiting for a “get me done” to walk in the door so they can stick it to them on both ends, only problem is that kind of shopper isn’t in that price range 99% of the time.

2 Likes

@michael I get that but here’s the thing. They have 2019s on the lot so even if anyone is dumb enough to pay full MSRP I would imagine they would do so on a newer model.

How do they even approach that conversation?

Well sure, I can sell you the 2020 Stinger for $50k, OR I HAVE THIS SUPER FANTASTIC BRAND NEW 2018 FOR $50K ON SUPER DISCOUNT OF $48K!!

2 Likes

Some dealers are still waiting and hoping for one of those “get me done” types to walk in for the 2017’s!

https://www.volvocarsfresno.com/new/Volvo/2017-Volvo-V60+Cross+Country-fresno-ca-fb2a575a0a0e0a6b4909c105b17a3793.htm

That Volvo deal isn’t a terrible jumping off point. At least they’re advertising 30% off. Some dealers still show msrp.

2 Likes

If they just want it off their lot, and at this point I can’t imagine any functional GM wouldn’t. I’d bet they let it go for between 35-40% off

Yeah I sent 'em a message to see what kinda price they’ll come back with. I imagine it’s not exactly the most popular kind of car for Fresno anyway…

1 Like

I inquired for possibility of leasing one of the unsold 2018 BMW 330i and they said they don’t do leases on 2018 models anymore. Is this not allowed by law or something, or are they just deciding not to do so?

No FS support for lease.

But you could find a 2019 4 series to lease instead at a decent discount.

there is still a 2018 honda type r for sale 228 days old,

would the discount be enough to surpass monthly for a 3 series ?