To all of those who got a 2021 LT1 lease

This shouldn’t make a difference in how you treat your vehicle.

Imo what’s fair is fair, if the manual recommends 93 put 93 in.

While I actually find this fasted cardio conversation interesting, this thread isn’t the place for it

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Yes, an extra $5 or $10 every fill up isn’t going to bankrupt me, but I also don’t like to waste money. If I am not getting a good ROI, meaning if I am commuting and not running at Front Street, do I need the full 455HP.

I am sure the dealer filled it with 87 and not 93 when I got it. I filled it with 93, not sure I can tell the difference.

If you are worried about costs, wait until you see that it takes 10 quarts of full synthetic LOL

I was just seeing what people were doing.

Maybe you don’t, but I am sure most don’t treat a lease the same as a car that is owned for the long term. I think I read here once about someone turning in a lease and it needed an oil change, but they just reset the OLM to 100% and turned it in. Not advocating anything like that at all here.

I am not saying I abuse the cars in anyway, but for instance I may not wax my leased vehicle as much as I will ones I own. Not saying I won’t do it, but on a 2 or 3 year lease I won’t have it long enough to get the benefit of the waxing. Just an example, so no need to tell me you wax all of your vehicles the same leased or owned.

I asked because it is a recommendation, not required and in my butt dyno test, I didn’t see anything, but I will have to give it more time and more tests

Each person will have their own expense/upkeep tolerance level for a leased car.

For example, why add tints to a car and just benefit the lessor/next owner? I do only because I like the look and it also offers some level of heat reduction in TX—but it’s still a sunk improvement in the car I won’t end up keeping.

Same can be said of those who get ceramic applied. It can be expensive but it also protects the paint and makes the car easier to wash. Some folks will wash their cars more often than others because they just like their car to look clean and tidy. Others may not wash it the whole lease.

To each their own—do what makes you happy, though to a certain extent I like to take care of leased or owned cars in the same general manner since (a) reduces risk of issues at turn in and (b) I would hope if I were ever a second hand owner of one of my cars I would get one that was well cared for—just paying it forward to a certain extent.

2 Likes

100% agree

Waxing a car and putting in the wrong octane are two completely different things.

I am a car guy, yes I treat my vehicles same leased or owned, yes the hellcat got a wax once a year, could I have waxed it more? Sure, could I also have not waxed it at all? Also sure. But I sure as heck would not put 87 or 89 octane in it.

But we are getting off topic here, so make it long story short the world is filled with a**holes, just because your neighbor beats his wife doesn’t make it ok to beat yours… as an example, if people on here cheat the system it doesn’t make it ethically or morally ok for you to do the same, because that’s really what we are discussing here.

I’ll leave this thought experiment here below about shopping carts, I think this fits the discussion very well, because putting lower octane gas is not illegal in any way.

5 Likes

I am a big fan of the shopping cart test

2 Likes

Me too…I never leave them in the lot for the sole reason that I dont want them to roll into someones car and dent it :frowning:

1 Like

Where I’m at they usually hire lot employees who are either teenagers trying to make a few bucks, mentally disabled adults or both. If I have a choice of making their job easier or harder, I know which choice I’m making.

Whoa there skippy. Did I strike a nerve with you or something?

This isn’t a ZL1 with an LT4, it is an LT1. There is a big difference between recommended and required.

Glad you are a car guy and glad you had a hellcat but what does that have to do with the LT1?

Talk about getting off topic, you go on equating putting the required (but not the recommended) octane in a vehicle to beating your wife? Or leaving a shopping cart in a parking lot? Saying people who put 87 octane into an LT1 are cheating the system and a**holes?

I’ll mark you down as putting 93 in your car.

You can get off your soapbox now

I got my lt1 home and within 4 days a dipshit door dinged me and took it to get fixed. While there owner of the shop showed me this weird crease by the driver side door handle that I’m guessing was from the factory. After seeing it I had to get that fixed too. Only $209 but still bugged the shit out of me!

Now I can’t wait to go look and see if I have these ugly dimple things! Lol

2 Likes

Can pretty much guarantee that you do…every one I looked at had them, all the way up the zl1’s. I have psychologically accepted the stupid design for the euro plate and focus on whats under the hood/dollar ratio…

3 Likes

I’m not gonna worry about it. I hate sinking money into leases after the fact. I’ve been driving it around in Minnesota with the all seasons on. Lol

1 Like

Bold move cotton :joy: