To all of those who got a 2021 LT1 lease

The linked Camaro pictures look (to me) to be painted over spot welds. It’s part of the manufacturing process. And if done by welding-robots look as good as could be.
On the other hand some on the Camaro forum believe them to be mounting locations for Euro license plates.

I looked closer–mine does have those, but they are much more subtle/better than the picture above.

I don’t think it would be spot welds as this whole part of the bumper cover is plastic?

Could be from ejectors in the injection mold.

1 Like

Same here, my car has them, but you have to look at just the right angle in just the right light for them to be obvious. I tried to take a photo but could not capture them.

The only people who will be seeing these are the people you leave behind in your debris of dust and burnt rubber when the 455hp roars past them.

I hear gnomes get together and use them as glory holes every blood moon. Just the word on the street

well went to the dealer and looked a8 V8s they had on the lot from LT1s to SS’s TO ZL1s and they ALL had these so looks like I’m living with it…

You should demand a big discount on these damaged products. maybe $5-10k off would be good.

just sharing information as I have NEVER seen this before on any other new car.

I thought this was a solid video, basically saying if your manual doesn’t recommend “premium” or 93 then it really isn’t going to make a difference.

In the Lt1’s case I would say 93 is probably recommended without even looking at the manual

yes premium is recommended for the LT1 and required for the LT4.

87 would probably be fine, but I usually get Costco or Sam’s Club gas, so the 93 is probably closer to 91… Either way I always measured better fuel economy with higher octane.

I’ll run a few tanks in the spring with 87 and see what happens. Might buy a red leather vest and some Oakley shades with the new savings…

I would consult manual, I think all modern engines have a fail safe to take 87 octane but the performance is greatly reduced.

Yeah throw this myth up there with the “fasted cardio” and others. Unless it explicitly states, no reason to go higher

I guess I must be old enough that I actually opened the printed owners manual that comes with the car :slight_smile:

2 Likes

source (2)

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Yes, I read the manual too, hence my question.

I will add some context. As it states it is recommended to use 93, however 87 will work, unless you get knock. It says use 93 for best performance and mileage.

Where I live 93 is usually at least 50 cents more per gallon, sometimes more. That can add to at least $5+ to every fill up.

Since most who got this deal are using them as daily drivers and even with a loss of 10% HP, you would still have plenty, will people use 93 all the time.

Since it is a lease and mostly a daily I was just curious.

In my case, yes. Although I am a hacker at heart, something in me would find it hard to pump 87 into this thing :slight_smile:

And realistically, if fuel costs of a few dollars a tank are a real concern, a 6.2 L V8 is not the right car, LOL. I don’t mean that in any harsh way, only that for fuel efficiency/costs per mile with regard to fuel, this is obviously not going to rival a Prius :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me functioning without caffeine is :grin:

1 Like