Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

They’ve been pretty generous with my 4xe. 2nd best offer I’ve received and by no means a low ball.

1 Like

Prob because they still have 31 ‘22s on their lot

1 Like

Just gives them another curtain to hide spread with. It’s like the old magician tricks where they force you to look at their left hand while they are setting up with their right.

2 Likes

Oh totally. It’s “5k off” but really 4100 when I use the calculator and treat it like a non trade deal.

1 Like

Not sure if anybody has tried this place, but they have 20 2022 WRXs listed in inventory.

https://www.berteramotors.com/new-inventory/index.htm?make=Subaru&reset=InventoryListing&year=2022&model=WRX&start=0

1 Like

Data point for everyone. Have a dealer in social offering me a 22 Premium for 3k off. Based on some of the deals in this thread though, I think I should keep playing ball with a few other dealers.

I test drove a Base 6MT last month, and agree with you on all fronts.

PJ

1 Like

I’m indifferent to base vs premium. I’m still looking for over $3k off to pull the trigger on either. Only the color is non neg to me.

I’d also be willing to take a Limited at over $5k off, just for the better seats.

Where are you located?

Last month I was $3500 off plus $500 loyalty cash on a Limited. $895 doc fee, though.

1 Like

Thanks but I’d want over 5k to pull the trigger on the limited. Too many things I don’t want, except for the seats.

I’m in NJ, land of no car deals except for Tesla M3 RWD.

2 Likes

I agree with you on that. Trust me, I tried for the $5k off plus rebate but they said sorry :man_shrugging:.

This joint that I was talking to may or may not play ball come end of the month. If they do, I’ll reach out to you.

1 Like

Yeah I’m still playing ball with SoCal dealers. I’m hoping by end of month I’ll be able to do 4.5k off MSRP. I’ll report back on if I’m successful.

I think play on these is to drive 1/2 years and then sell off? The used car market for 2022 seems to be anchored by 2021 gen/model. I think it’s reasonable to assume that you could sell a 2022 premium with 20k miles in a few years for 28/29k. Am I wrong or just hopeful?

The economy is gonna slump for a little while IMO and drive car prices down, but when things normalize afterwards I don’t think it’s that crazy to assume that high of a residual value for what will be a current-Gen WRX.

Ok. Just wanted someone to confirm that I wasn’t delusional. I think that coupled with the fact that some of the well known guys on here @drdvrgs @CaliZ06 @DonnyAudi bought one too gives me confidence. I don’t think ill be able to replicate their deals, but I’ll see if I can get close.

2 Likes

You want 5k off? I got you :joy:

3 Likes

Spoon feed me 6k man hahahah

3 Likes

It’ll cost ya $100, the going rate for unauthorized referrals.

2 Likes

100? I want $250 worth my ban

5 Likes

mc hammer rap GIF

not the ban yammer time

1 Like

1 Like