Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

Quick market update in NJ.

I found a dealer with a WR Blue Base within an hour of me. They had 13 WRXs in stock but mostly Premiums and Limiteds in colors and/or option levels I didn’t want. Went in person.

Anyway, they basically admitted that the WRXs are boat anchors that Subaru periodically drops off on them; so they are “eager to sell them”. I am a very reasonable guy…time and distance are $ to me so I’ll pay more than the average LHer (flame away).

Bottom line is that they let me walk out, not accepting my final offer of $2,500 off MSRP (net $2k off after their $500 doc fee). Manager said it was his only base WRX.

Interestingly enough, they did try to snipe my 4xe on a trade. lol, clowns.

5 Likes

I don’t think they’ll do the tax credit but honestly don’t know.

The dealer referenced earlier in our area offering $5k off but requiring a trade upped their trade offer on my Sahara to $50k. Going to ask them for numbers to see how it shakes out.

very interesting witch dealership is that :slight_smile: $2000 is surprise for NJ dealer :smiley:

I noticed smaller dealers are simply punching the cars (register the car) and sending them to auction right away with all the window sticker still attached.

DM’d you.

NJ dealers are so fat and bloated from selling everything over MSRP that they legitimately short circuit when they have to move a boat anchor.

I am very close to saying bye bye to the WRX search and getting a Tesla M3, literally the opposite car in every single way.

Also, no dealer BS - just Tesla BS.

3 Likes

This should be illegal as it is textbook market manipulation. But ever since 3/13/2020; everything seems to be fair game.

2 Likes

I know no one asked, but when I was deep in the trenches at the end of last month, I was at $3500 off a limited (yes, I know…,) and $500 loyalty. SFla.

Later on I would find out that Subaru declined my rebate registration, but then this month they have the $500 Subaru cash.

$899 doc fee (yes, I know…)

I haven’t tried asking for more off, or asking for the same discounts/rebate on a base or premium.

Yeah, same. Currently looking for an EV instead because the max they are willing to do is $1,500 for the WRX. Apparently everybody still thinks the market is from 2 years ago where the Benz dealers near me still try to sell everything at MSRP. Whatever they are smoking, that stuff is good.

2 Likes

Mr. “I got a great deal”, $6k off in PA, is back on FB claiming he took a 2nd car home yesterday.

Strange how he re-surfaced again.

3 Likes

it adds up
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

1 Like

Drove one yesterday. Damn these are a lot of fun. Man I miss having a manual car in the driveway.

I have to say the Premium is a lot nicer than the base. Base has a key you actually put in the ignition and the screens are… quite different.

1 Like

What kind of discount are you seeing?

Three dealers around me advertising 3500 off (IRA, Patrick, Wakefield). Will see

Quirk is at 5k with trade and offered me 50k on my 22 4xe though I might be able to get KBB of 52 elsewhere. That’s a pretty good deal knowing the market for gently used 4xes

1 Like

Tell them to meet you at 52 on the 4XE and you have a deal. They might take it or atleast come back with $51/$51.5K? You never know…

Yeah 50 is what I pushed them to from 48. But if I can unload it elsewhere for 52 then it opens up the other dealers to compete.

Dealing directly with the GM at quirk so he can be the one who can make the call without back and forth.

Update. Got to the equivalent of $4100 off with Quirk (with them buying out my 4xe). Solid deal that I still might take but also want to see if any of the others budge.

1 Like

Funny all the lurkers have gone to the EQS cheese. :joy:

7 Likes

Has anyone tried to flip a Solterra? Any insight how the flip market on those is currently?

1 Like

Does anyone know what the capped MF max, if any, Subaru/Chase financing allows a dealer?

Like how CCAP does?

Are there any rules with these trade-to-play deals?

Like can I pull up in a clapped up Crown Vic and get $5k off?

I think they stipulate 2009 or newer and they will try to rob you on the trade no matter what you bring in.

They’ll probably charge you $2k to recycle the Crown Vic.

2 Likes