Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

For Sale Sales GIF

I’m thinking of getting one of these, but with the CVT. Would it be worth getting one with $5K off and later sell in a year or so and not take a bath. Just need something hold me over for a year or so.

You would make a great broker here I’m sure.

WRX is a niche car. The leftover CVT are the crazy expensive GT trim.
When you have to spend 40k+ on a WRX … the market will be super narrow.

I am looking at the base trim. There are some base CVTs around here. Plus side it has EyeSight since it’s a CVT.

Hi, What do you guys think about this deal?

Thanks

“Market value selling price”
Fart Farting GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

1 Like

depends on your location.

33.5k is in line with a premium. Discount is bad though.

Hello Guys, Any idea what this $795.00 Vehicl Charge is? Also what are your thoughts on this deal? 2022 SUBARU WRX PREMIUM MSRP $33,380

They’re adding something for $750.

What are you trading in? Are you underwater on it?

not underwater, ive got 3900 in equity.

2018 wrx limited

5k off? Which dealer? I’m NorCal

Did you negotiate on your current car seperate or look at selling 3rd party?

No more 22s

1 Like

It was negotiated together with the new wrx. On the original quote paper the total was like $30,051, give or take a few dollars. Then on the “final buy order” its showing $30,734.00. I understand the quote not being exact, but almost $700 difference seems a bit much.

I would have negotiated separately, regardless ask them what it is, was the destination charge included on the new WRX?

yea looking back, i should have done it separate. MSRP was $33580 including destination charge.

With an MSRP of $33580 the sale price of the car at $29680 before taxes and fees? Also what is the sales tax on? 7% of $29680 is $2077.60

My calculations show $32475 out the door with the $2077.60 tax and the $3900 equity you say you have in your current car. Adjusted for the 743 tax the price is $31140.50 so something is not adding up here.

With the cash price of $31580, the equity of $3900 and a real 7% tax the out the door cost is $30335.10, with the $743 tax it is $29004.87

Can anyone check my math?