Tips to obtain a SUBARU under MSRP

For what it is worth, Carvana is offering $27,239 right now on a 2021 WRX base with 10k miles. Some might argue that body style/generation is more desirable, but I think $26k for 2022 base in a year should be doable.

Let’s just say at 4500 bucks
You will make money if you sell it right away :joy:

6 Likes

Where are most people having the best luck selling? I would love to hold until the reg renewal is due. KBB trade ‘good’ is $28,400 right now. I’d be happy to have a $150 effective payment for 12 months.

Can we do a group buy @5k? I’ll get one shipped to east coast.

Summer Water GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

2 Likes

The thing is it’s the non Subaru dealers buying these
Subaru dealers know these are lot anchors
As soon as they found out this is the case these are tanking

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

if you can wait until the end of the month, you should wait. Deals will be better on March 31st.

Nobody knows if inventory will be good enough by end of the month or not.

these cars are not flying off the shelf

2 Likes

Alternate use for coastal areas?

1 Like

Maybe not the whole car, but perhaps the CVT (err… Subaru Performance Transmission :woozy_face:) would be a suitable anchor. :anchor:

1 Like

Three dealers in MA are solidly at $3500 off now. Now the question is whether I can get one of them to overpay for my 22 4xe based on generous KBB values…

Have to figure a bunch of dealers blink at month end vs. have these sit. This is a car that most dealers move a couple a month when they sell 10x more Outbacks and yet some dealers have more WRX on the lots than Outbacks.

1 Like

Shop your 4xe separately.

$3500 off even without a trade?

Yeah. No trade needed.

And I’ve shopped my 4xe separately. KBB right now is 52,600 and my break even is 51. Most offers are under 50k.

If a dealer honors KBB and goes for 4 or 5k off… that’s worth it.

2 Likes

Break even at 51k and 4k off would make me sign but I have faith you’ll get a bit more.

What 4xe are you getting those #'s on?

Yeah I think it would take getting full quoted blue book and 4k. I’ll probably take it in for an appraisal next week and wait them out.

My 4xe I also single paid so all the taxes are paid upfront. And it’s pretty loaded, SOT Adv Safety, cold weather. So that’s driving that number.

My fully loaded sahara gets quotes around 42-46. 10k miles. If you have luck trading in and getting a WRX at 4k off let us know, I’d be interested.

Does MA give tax credit for trades like Connecticut does? Trading to the same dealer you buy the WRX from would allow you to pay significantly less in taxes (because you already paid them.)