Tips on how to get rid of EQS

My dealer here in NC offered me a good amount but wanted me to take a EQS580 off their hands.

That same EQS580 is still on their lot. I showed them my contract on the 450 and they were amazed at how much I am paying. “We are selling the same EQS for over $1200 a month”.

I said clearly you aren’t because the same EQS has been sitting for at least 90 days. I told them I would come back December 31st and see lol

2 Likes

Wrong. Try to get a volvo dealership with a NYC Borough in their name to take a lease return. I have people in brooklyn coming out to glen cove or karp to return their volvos.

3 Likes

Oh, wait. Does MB have to pull ahead? Maybe convince the dealer to use pull ahead and pay the difference off to soften the blow?

If you have let’s say 6 months left, and MB is offering 3 months pull ahead… you are obligated to 3 payments. I know Volvo was giving this option to my dad for his XC90 but it was easier to just pay the “termination” fee

Wait, Why do dealers not take lease returns? What happens if your local dealer doesn’t take a return? Like is it the lessors responsibility to ship it to do a simple return if there’s no local dealers accepting it?

Yeah, NY and Volvo… foreign to me. I’ll take your word for it :grin:

1 Like

Volvo in NY is a nightmare, not one dealer in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Queens claims they have the space to accept anything (back to covid days). They always push you to the LI/NJ dealers who always ask “dID u gEt tHe cAr hEre?”

2 Likes

@Dany1122 would you mind sharing WHY you wan to get rid of it? Our of curiosity, what are you looking for for you next car?

1 Like

Zero concern. That’s the whole point of leasing the vehicles we did–depreciation is not our problem. In fact the lower it is the better I’ll feel about the deal I signed for. People are seeing 1 year depreciation in an iX equal to my total lease payments over 3.

Danny cakes, what’s your effective payment on the EQS and why you want out?

Did you over pay or something?

Unethical life pro tip…

Since EQS is a EV, he doesn’t really have to total it. He could just drive up and down I-495 looking for some road debris like a de-treaded semi tire or some random lawn care tool. No insurance company is going to attempt to fix a MB BEV that has experienced dent/damage anywhere near the battery cradle.

1 Like

…at high tide.

2 Likes

insurance companies have entered the chat

6 Likes

Just post it on Turo at a low rate. Plenty of people haven’t driven a Mercedes not to mention the EV version.

Turo is notorious for not paying out claims.

piss off your ex-significant other(s)

mad waiting to exhale GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This will lead to future LH post about someone picked up 2024 EQS but can’t afford the insurance …

Here’s a cool list of vehicles and how they over/under index in terms of insurance costs. Even with the rather fragile battery stuff, the worst vehicles are still Nissan Altimas, Dodge V8s, and basically the vehicles you would expect to be more problem-drivers

2 Likes

Well looks like the Mirai is good in an accident!

And the Hellcat is horrible when it gets stolen. 1084% above normal.

I’m paying $749 - too much attention and a general malfeasance towards the car

In case of an accident, insurance will most likely total the car. The costs to fix anything on the Mirai is extraordinary.

1 Like