Tips on how to get rid of EQS

I said the Tesla not the Mirai :joy:

I know, just for future reference.

1 Like

I’m 99.99% sure we all just want to see the hydrogen explosion instead of the Tesla battery fire.

2 Likes

Somehow everyone’s fixated on the Mirai and not the Tesla :rofl:
What did you do?!? :rofl:

1 Like

You could fake your own death and assume a new identity.

The easiest solution is to move to Connecticut.

The lease agreement expressly forbids this.

1 Like

Bunch of haters bro especially paper hands @li8625

1 Like

Why not, you are in NY. Just wait for the cars

Yep. There was a poster in the Ioniq 5 Facebook group that had an Ioniq 5 for a very short time as she passed over some debris (large rock?) on the highway that damaged the undercarriage. Car drove fine but insurance totaled it.

Above blurb says lease contract has to originate in Connecticut. If only loopholes were that easy haha.

1 Like

Which broker wants to help me get rid of it today - ok with rolling in some neg equity

Owe around $75k think - will pick up another car - No EV’s lol

Oh dang, you own/financed the EQS? So no lease?

My condolences… if it’s a 2022 EQS 450 SUV you’re looking at a dealer trade in allowance of like $65k. I don’t think you want to completely wipe out what cash you did put into the car and roll negative now.

What’s wrong with the car? If it’s just unreliable I think your best bet is to keep service history records and pursue a lemon/buy-back once you hit 30 calendar days of service.

1 Like

It’s a lease - dealer buyout is low 70’s

Oh ok, well if you found a new car today they aren’t buying the vehicle out from the lease. The EQS is different than most cars in this economic climate, the car is worth much less than the lease buyout value.

A dealer that can get you out of the lease or do a lease-takeover (like one Volvo dealer seems to be able to do this lol) will need to buy you out your remaining unpaid lease payments. How many payments do you have remaining, and what’s your monthly payment?

Arm a speedbump. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Owe $19k in lease payments- the Mercedes financial rep there is a early lease termination option but it may ding your credit (weird) - he didn’t know much about it

I had an idea for taking lemons and making lemonade, but unfortunately it involves wieners and extensive body modifications.

2 Likes

My boy @Dany1122 has made it very clear of what he likes

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

The auction price on that eqs is like 58 ish

2 Likes

Wow you aren’t kidding. Dany is one of the OG EQS lease folks that got in pre-frenzy.

I guess his lease isn’t really that terrible. What is terrible is that he says the “Car is absurdly hard to drive” and the “brake pedal has mind of its own.” Like WTF did he lease this thing?