Tips on how to get rid of EQS

How do I get rid of this faberge egg? Open to all suggestions other than snowy off-ramp

Looking to minimize neg equity and get new car replacement

2 Likes

Total it, you are welcome!

9 Likes

What is really so bad about it

only 2 ways,

hit 30 days in shop and push for lemon or buyback -OR-
turn it in and pay the bill

2 Likes

ill pay your deductible if you come and crash into my parked car
ill even pay for the booze

21 Likes

You aren’t getting rid of the Mirai that easily!

6 Likes

jokes on you
its actually the tesla i dont want no more

6 Likes

For these who got EQS, Etrons, iX deals, any concern at return by the end since the market value could be $10-30k below the residual then. Dealership may choose not to take the lease return? I expect hard time to return my cars if not getting a new one from the dealership…

Doesn’t Matter - Mercedes Benz financial takes the hit - car goes to auction

However dealers may still not want to take it lol

It’s a contract, not another negotiation.

4 Likes

Only time dealers didn’t want lease returns was during the early days of Covid when they ran out of storage space and no one knew when things were going to start up again.

But no, it’s not dealerships that take the hit on return, but lessors (banks, financial institutions). Dealerships just act as facilitators of the return, unless they want the vehicle (for whatever reason). So, return the car in peace, and walk away (and pay disposition fees).

That’s why I was leery of getting a MB… no easy way out except to ride it out.

It may be cheaper for you to just ride out the lease term, worst case.

2 Likes

So you’re leasing it? How many months left?

I agree just rear end @drdvrgs’s Mirai. The resulting hydrogen explosion will be awesome. If the fire happens to take out his Tesla I guess that’ll just make it more awesome.

9 Likes

Yo Derek, serious question…

Do the service advisors know/can see what you’re paying a month or have details of your lease?

How many months are left? See if you can extend it out till 24 months and do a lease transfer.

Nope! Can’t do that

2 Likes

No bueno, senor.

“ As of July 1st, 2020 this lessor no longer permits lease transfers. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services will allow a transfer if the lease contract originates from the state of Connecticut. Lease transfers may also be allowed in cases where the lessee has passed away. A business lease for a defunct business may be transferrable, as well.”

4 Likes

Yeah maybe I can find a dealer and roll in some neg equity tomorrow lol

Oh right I forgot bout this non-sense

My dealer here in NC offered me a good amount but wanted me to take a EQS580 off their hands.

That same EQS580 is still on their lot. I showed them my contract on the 450 and they were amazed at how much I am paying. “We are selling the same EQS for over $1200 a month”.

I said clearly you aren’t because the same EQS has been sitting for at least 90 days. I told them I would come back December 31st and see lol

2 Likes