Tips on getting dealer quotes

I’ve been trying to get quotes over the internet from a few dealerships and when I ask for the rv, Mf and fees it seems that they stop responding. They only want to give me the down payment and monthly $. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong and how I can get a formal quote instead of a text? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In my experience, a dealer that won’t give you details also won’t give you a good deal.

5 Likes

Sometimes you might want to just go with it. If they’re offering to give you the payment, counter with something like, ‘Please quote zero-down, 36/12 on stock number XYZ. Also, please quote for top credit tier only.’ You can back into all numbers and decide if they are worth dealing with from there.

3 Likes

Many salespeople don’t really understand leases so talking MF and RV with them is confusing. I recommend calling the dealer and talking through it with the sales manager. Ask for % off MSRP before incentives, talk through each incentive, then go through MF, then confirm RV (check with Edmunds forum first).

Ask for % off MSRP? Can you please explain?

Many of us prefer to negotiate on the dealer discount off MSRP before incentives and then fill out the lease details from there rather than trying negotiate monthly payment/das

1 Like
3 Likes

Haha perhaps the caller should understand before asking the dealer anything :joy:

Is that the amount I would put in Leasehackr Calculator “Selling Price” ? Thanks!

Yes. That is what the dealer is selling the car for

what car are you looking to get into?

Right now on our list: Civic Sedan SE, Kia Forte GT or GT-Line and Corolla SE
Thanks!

my suggestion is to search threads on here for those cars. When you find them, scroll thru the various deals that people have posted in our region (NJ/NY) to get an idea on what % off msrp they got.

when you get an idea on what others have paid for, you can email the dealerships asking for that % off before incentives (pre-incentive sale price) then factor in all your incentives etc.

another tip, you can go on a website like CarGurus and input what car your looking for and they have a filter for oldest listings first. I would target trying to negotiate on older listings because dealerships are willing to move those quicker.

From my experience, I wouldn’t ask for a quote. I would tell them the numbers you’re looking for and see what they can do to meet it. Once, you get a few quotes you will know the good one and then just ask the other dealers if they can beat that quote.

2 Likes

Those are great tips. I highly appreciate it!

1 Like