Tip: A8 L Marketing Allowance for May

Woops should have added that the plan needs to be bought before the car hit 10k miles so the warranty is 10byears 100k miles TOTAL with the factory warranty included. I’m just looking for a comfortable commuter while waiting for the C8 corvette to come down in price in a couple years.

Dealership in Houston straight up offered me 30% off a showroom 2019 90k model within 10 mins of me sitting inside the car. Sent that quote to a dealership in Cali and got 35% off 103k msrp.

I wouldn’t think they would be selling too well, as they targeted a very narrow range of people with only releasing a LWB with a V6. Audi has some incredible models, and an overpriced land yacht with a bunch of expensive repairs down the line is not one of them IMO. I wasn’t referring to the ability to get to 40%, I was just talking about the costs associated with it in addition to buying a warranty.

I calculate $475 a month, which can easily get you a loaded S90 of some kind every 2 years, which is very good sedan.

True still exploring my options since I still have until December. Audi deals are usually better around that time no?

I really couldn’t say. I am not sure what the availability of a 2019 will be in December 2020, though.

I should also mention they are offering 60 or 66 months with 0% apr on top of the discounts.

the only reliable barge is the Lexus LS without air suspension

2 Likes

Remaining 2019 A6s seem to have ton of discounts and incentives too if you don’t need the extra large back seat of the LWB. Relatively speaking it should have slower deprecation and lower maintenance cost since you can avoid the air suspension on A6. Same engine and infotainment as the A8 since 2019 MY is all-new model and better looking than the A8, at least to my eyes…

A6 is really sleek. If they still have lease support, the 2019s can probably be had for a really good value.

low 40’s residual, good luck

True but build quality is lacking compared to the equivalent competitors. Hard plastic and glossy black everywhere.

That’s rough. Stick to the Volvo then :grinning:

For all you pansies spreading theoretical “costs”… In May 2018 I bought my 2015 $106k A8L with 30k miles for $33k. I needed (wanted) a LWB car as we have 2 little ones in car seats, one rear-facing. The only other options were BlahMehWhatever, S-Class, and Panamera Executive. Suffice to say it’s at 86k miles now and one of the best/most reliable cars I’ve owned. Thus far I’ve spent ~$2500 in maintenance over 55k miles of driving… All the while being able to do 90-105, getting 26-29mpg and a massage. Oh, and having a bottle of Champ… I mean baby bottles in my rear fridge for the occasional Disney weekends.

5 Likes

$33k is a good price. Most of the depreciation was realized.

2 Likes

Precisely, it was in the depreciation apex, and a deal I couldn’t pass up for a vehicle of that caliber.

1 Like

How do you find out what the marketing allowance is ? It seems to he different from rebates and incentives that are posted on Edmunds/True car. I had an internet sales person call me about another model and tell me there is a 7k marketing allowance that everyone gets but I cant find or verify that anywhere ?

JalopSpecial, do you work at Valley Imports in fargo? I’m in watford city, in ND.

When you going to ditch it, I assume before 100k. You’re a braver man than I, I couldn’t hang in an Audi that long out of warranty, it’s such a roll of the dice, looks like you won…so far.

That’s a great deal. Just curious, did you get your car from an authorized Audi dealer? Did you have to negotiate much or was it one of those no-haggle type of deals?

I’ll most likely keep it til 250-300k. Kinda curious to see how long it’ll go. I buy all my parts from FCP Euro so they’re warrantied for life. All of my Audi’s have been great. You take care of it, it’ll take care of you. My S4 had 188k before it was totaled, my RS4 had 160k before I traded it in on an R8 5.2, which I then got rid of at 115k when our first was born. Out of the 3 the biggest replacements were the Timing Chain (S4), the DRC (RS4), and carbon cleanings every 20-30k mikes. The ONLY models I’d be scared of are the older V8TT RS6’s, the older 2.7TT S4’s, and 5.2 S6 just because they shoe-horned that engine in there.

1 Like