Tip: A8 L Marketing Allowance for May

maybe with stickers over 100k

The advertised price includes the trunk money

2 Likes

Someone made like 10k on an i3. They were insured with like metromile or something.

2 Likes

I hope the people that buy these boats realize that they do not hold any value whatsoever.

What if you plan to keep it for 10 years?

You will need to account for maintenance/repair costs beyond the warranty, and you’ll also need to be ok with how a $100K car becomes a $10K car.

1 Like

True however I was able to get 35k off a 103k msrp a8 last week from a dealership in Cali. Will wait until December to pull the trigger. Aiming for 40% off msrp on a 2019.

You’ll need to keep your eye on the market. Once inventory starts drying up and/or managers get desperate because the trunk money is going away, you’ll need to act.

Each month you are going to hope the marketing allowance doesn’t go away, which is 15k of that 35k discount. You’ll also at some point be competing with corporate purchases (a big variable in this current state) which will keep some type of floor on these “black cars”.

Most “residential” buyers are going to hold these for some time (or are going to buy new every 2-3 years). The real issue is the air suspension from 85k mi onward go over to audizine and read about that, maintenance and the service intervals. If there was ever a car to load up the extended warranty and pre-pay maintenance (negotiate) its one of these boats.

side note so many of you lurkers calling on that A8 I mentioned above, the thirst is real…

My 2011 A8 SWB was one of my most favorite/comfortable cars I have ever owned. I bought it as a low mileage, one owner CPO off-lease. It had all the maintenance records, dealer service (etc etc). Eventually it became a running joke because it averaged 1 week in the shop every month. At that time, A8 owners were guaranteed A8 loaners, so basically 1/4 of the time I was driving around in some random A8, instead of mine, which my family found very amusing. When the CPO ran out I couldn’t get rid of it fast enough. Actual value of repairs for my 2 years of ownership exceeded $20K.

2 Likes

Sounds like this is a lease-only kind of car!

That value is all well and good, but the new A8s are some of the most technologically integrated cars I have ever seen. I really would not want to think about any air suspension components or electronic A/C vent manifolds breaking. Not to mention the hybrid components that are in the car. Unfortunately, it seems as if the cars being made today are supposed to last for the lifespan of the warranty.

That being said, it is a really nice car that you can get for a great price as a CPO. I have seen examples that are over the 100K price point in options go for low 60K values with only a few thousand miles on them. Add the piece of mind of the extra year of warranty makes it a really good car.

1 Like

I did get a quote for an extended warranty. For 10 years 100k miles it is about 4.5k with Fidelity which starts from the date the plan is purchased. Platinum coverage with $100 deductible. Some of these cars have been on the lot for 360+ days, so I’m really hoping that a couple more months can drive prices down more.

That makes no sense at all for them… to insure an A8 against repairs between its 5th and 15th birthdays for $450 a year?

1 Like

Air suspension sitting for over a year is an issue in itself. Those air bags (which are made out of rubber) need to be used or they start to rot over time.

Assuming you keep the car for 10 years and buy the $4,500 warranty, the car will be worth $4,500 (judging by trade-in book values for 10 year old A8Ls with 100,000 miles). Buying a new one (probably around $95,000 and $57,000 plus tax with an outrageous discount of 40% off) and keeping it for 10 years will result in $475 per month in depreciation alone. Not to mention the maintenance costs of keeping one of these beasts on the road.

If it were me, I rather get that sleek S90 T8 that @aronchi has for $5 more per month at $480, not have to worry about maintenance, and get a new car after 2 years.

1 Like

I believe the warranty would be for 10 years, 100k miles total, so it would only really cover years five through ten.

Love that bursting blue and i have a few inscription t8s too.

The Bursting Blue on the R-design is really nice.

Out of my price range by a good amount, but one can dream. Hopefully that one goes quickly for you!

how did vovo’s end up in this thread?

edit: I see it.

I was comparing the depreciation costs of the A8 purchase vs. a 2 year lease on an S90 T8. Not really apples to apples, but it is about the same cost.

1 Like