Thoughts about this Acura MDX deal?

What do you guys think about the numbers below for a 2023 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance in SoCal (MSRP $64,695)? My tax rate is 9.5%. Based on the numbers, im considering financing rather than leasing. What do you all think?

Lease:
$5K down (all taxes and fees and first payment included)
$845/mo
10K miles/yr
RV $39,463.
MF .00225
LH score 6.1

Finance (3.99 APR):
$5K down (all taxes and fees incl.)
$1,167/mo

Thanks

This is a car to finance but you still need all the numbers

Selling price?
Taxes? What’s your % rate?
What are all the fees?

Can you find better than this APR?

1 Like

Something really wrong as you are paying 35k otd , there appears to be some adm in there

My tax rate is 9.5%. The fees and selling price that I was quoted initially are attached. Based on my calculations, Im estimating that they took $2200 off in order to get the numbers i shared above. 3.99% is the lowest APR they offer.

I don’t see a standard config on the Acura website for an MDX w/ that MSRP.

Whats the lowest if you bring your own financing?

Nope. The residual value is not fractional. This means what youre interpretting as the msrp is not the actual msrp.

You are correct. It’s only $63K on Acura’s website. The difference is the destination fee, I believe.

My bad, I calculated the %. The actual number they gave me was $39,463.

and

I don’t see how these two statements are compatible. The dealer is charing you nearly $4K for destination fee?

I went to AutoNation once pre-pandemic to do a test drive, and the whole place gave me the willies. How did you estimate a $2200 discount?

1 Like

My point is that if youre calculating the rv based on the numbers they have, and youre getting 61.4%, the numbers you are using are wrong. That usually is a result of the dealer saying something like “market value selling price” and misinterprtting that as msrp.

1 Like

Not sure im following. Im only paying $5K otd whether I’m leasing or financing.

Thanks. I will definitely get down there one more time to get the remaining details. But given the most recent numbers I got from them, they’re definitely selling below MSRP.

There’s nothing to assume.

Post a screenshot of the exact same build on Acura’s website showing the total MSRP including destination.

2 Likes

Blockquote

It is the destination fee. There’s also an additional $500 for the exterior color I picked.

On Acura’s website, the MSRP including destination fee is $64,695. I estimated the $2200 discount figure by using the LH calculator and entering all fixed inputs (MSRP, tax rate, APR, MF, RV, down payment, etc.) and varying the selling price until I got the exact monthly payment they gave me.

Post a link to your LH calculator

2 Likes

Is thia the number you used to calculate the residual value %?

You shouldn’t have to guesstimate something as important as the selling price. At any rate, it would seem that they are charging you full MSRP. I have no idea if that is a fair price, but, if there are any brokers in SoCal working w/ Acura dealers, check their deals to see how yours compares. And, as @max_g, post your calculator. I wonder if the dealer is actually applying the $5K entirely as a cap cost reduction, as opposed to $5K DAS.

It would probably be more efficient to just e-mail them. No need to drive to the (or any) dealership, except to pick up the car…

2 Likes

Here’s my calculation: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I did have to guess some numbers in order to get the same payment the dealership gave me though. For example, I’m paying $5K down all-inclusive, but I don’t know exactly how much of that is going towards my down payment and how much is fees.