Thought about buying an electric car? NJ may soon offer one of the nation's best incentives

Isn’t that bonus every year thing?
May be some other car lease till next year and then swap out of it?

I’ve got time, it’s just a matter of how the incentives line up. Something tells me that GM isn’t going to keep their lease cash this high in the region if they are getting state support and they don’t have to offer it.

May be but GM may not have time to deal with such regionalities state by state. It mostly be dealerships like in CA who know all post sale rebates and thus will milk it to the fullest.

180 days… we will see.

Electric cars are so good for the environment. We should spend lots of tax dollars so rich people can drive them. Especially since there aren’t any lithium mines in New Jersey

1 Like

Damn, I am finally rich! Thanks.

We spent an entire fricking year on sub $150 net per month ev and phev deals starting with the Clarity, then the eGolf, then the Ioniq EV, then Ioniq phev and now the Bolt. And there still are people confused enough to think they are for rich people…just because some base Tesla model also qualifies for these rebates too. Utter stupidity!

2 Likes

What do you think the median income was of all those people buying ev’s? I guarantee it’s way above average

Are you saying poor people aren’t buying EVs and instead buy old rusty SUVs or minivans that get 9 mpg? If yes, you probably would be right, but that’s not my problem.

1 Like

The upcoming Mini Cooper E could be stupid cheap if there’s lease support.

It is way above the nation’s average for up to 2015 (when CVRP stopped posting data)…i’m sure it has gone down a bit now…not that many cheap evs back then.

This is why education is important, the poor can actually benefit from these deals…they just don’t know about then or lack the knowledge to understand how well these deals could work for them.
I don’t buy the argument that the poor drive beat up 20 year old cars…not in CA they don’t…at least not the majority of them. When i was in the lowest bracket in my 20s i had a $500 car payment. Ask around and get shocked by how many poor people actually have car payments of >$400. These programs are structured just fine, it’s the people that need to wake the hell up and actually make the smart decision to take the free money.

It’s pretty much a given that i will lease like crap for the first year…maybe even longer considering how bad the brand leases.

Poverty has a definition.

In 2020 it’s income of $12,760/year for an individual.

Add $4,480/year for each additional family member.

https://evadoption.com/ev-models/

I don’t see the list flooded with “rich” ppl cars. Most cars with highest eligible rebates are “regular” people car and price range.

This has nothing to do with how these programs are structured. In CA for example the extra $ is for low income not poverty. Homeless people in CA make way more than 12760/year…and they are in no need of cars. They have other gov programs that they can benefit from, they don’t need these rebates.
Why are we talking about this?

Good question.

Everyone: Stay on topic or it will be sent to a non-locally sourced, inorganic landfill.

3 Likes

Off topic post deleted by a Trusted Hackr

1 Like

Is it at least sustainable and carefully sorted?

1 Like

None of the above. It’s a mostly fossil fuel-powered landfill

3 Likes

$35000 + $1200 destination -$5000 NJ rebate + no taxes = $31200 Total for the cheapest Model 3 in July :wink:

5 Likes

not bad at all