Thought about buying an electric car? NJ may soon offer one of the nation's best incentives

Does this legislation also restricts to buying from in-state dealerships only?

They haven’t specified that yet. My guess is that it will be similar to the NYS program and restricted to NJ residents and NJ dealers. It’s probably going to be based off the NY program, which probably means that dealers are going to try to move these things at sticker.

Nice… Just signed up. Thanks!

1 Like

or i can be like PA as a post rebate. The bill stated that the rebate can do taken off at the dealer or after by submitting docs to the state.

1 Like

I guess ultimately EV manufacturers are the ones who really benefit from this (assume they can sell the EV at a higher price knowing people will get $5000 credit)… aside from public get cleaner air.

I hope that is what happens, and I also wish that I knew if it would be effective retroactive to the signing of the bill.

Do they actually send emails though? The site was last updated in 2012 and still says Governor Krispy Kreme on it :upside_down_face::joy:

1 Like

Wow… I missed that! I saw on the Drive Green NJ page that this was the link for future updates. I guess maybe the funds to redo the website are tied into the bill?

Someone wasting a dollar is no justification for someone else wasting a different dollar on something else.

And how many more dollars do we have to spend to get air that’s clean enough to satisfy you? I’m asking for an actual dollar amount, because I’m 100% content with the air that I have.

1 Like

Are you even an NJ resident?

2 Likes

I really hope that you’re kidding.

4 Likes

He’s not…and he lives in SoCal for fuck sake!!! I don’t get this guy…

Not necessarily. In CA the post sale rebate did not make the dealers take a bite out of it. On the other hand, if they make it a point of sale rebate then watch out.

1 Like

Just another case of “If it doesn’t help me, I’m against it”

Trust me, I’m no fan of runaway tax and spend myself but I love seeing incentives like these to aid EV sales. I’d have saved the lions share of $10,000 additional if Texas had a similar scheme (that applied to Tesla)

I think that is the key question right now :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

i am sick of subsidizing people on my health insurance too. Can I get paid back?

4 Likes

“We should spend money on cleaner air. Because we need air, and air that is cleaner is better.”

“No one wants dirty air, but what exactly is “cleaner air” to you, how do we objectively know that we have achieved it, and more importantly, what is the total cost to get us there?”

“Are you for real??”

“I know. What a dick!”

“Exactly.”

So do we know yet if leases qualify for this rebate and if this will be a post sale rebate? Or is this something the Board of Public Utilities will work out? I sure hope so.

Yes verbiage indicates purchase or lease (so far no details ok parameters)
Rebate can be applied by dealer or rebate by check.

Still too early to see how this thing shakes out

2 Likes

It would be REALLY nice if they could figure it out before my Buypower bonus expires at the beginning of March, provided Bolt/Volt Loyalty extends into February too.

They have 180 days from the signing of the bill to implement.