There are two levels of the Volvo A-plan

Was talking to a dealer today about an XC90 and I told him I had the A-plan. I was surprised when he asked me if I knew which A-plan I was part of. Apparently there are two levels, there’s “Elite” and “VIP”. From what I got him to tell me VIP is a higher level and receives greater discounts. I don’t know then all but I do know that with the XC90 the Elite is $750 and the VIP is $1500. I am not 100% but he was also saying that VIP for the S90 is at $4000. I’m going to try and get more info and update when/if I can.

@Ursus May know 20…

No idea, but sounds strange. Dealer should be able to tell which one by generated cert, anyway.

I can confirm that, when you have a pin they can tell you right away based on the first letter which group you’re in.

I was surprised myself. He also told me that it’s been frustrating because sites like autobytel list A-plan numbers and people come in expecting them but don’t qualify for the VIP only the Elite, which aren’t listed. But thought I’d share the info as just a heads up.

Seems like is vip are for actual Volvo employees ((not dealership employees), former employees and friends of the above.

Interesting the pricing scheme on the Woodlands website is different than the one published in my A-plan website. The Woodlands link looks older because there are only 2017 models on there. So my question is what is the difference between “Retailer Net” ad “Vehicle Invoice”, as in the Retailer Net they are adding $1500 to get to A-plan price for the newer models.

Woodlands

Current A-plan

1 Like

I think you’re seeing the dealer page vs. the retail customer page. But that cerise does expose some interesting information, especially the last category of “Retailer Margin Reimbursement”.