Volvo dealers in the Pacific Northwest - not a lot of deals

Last several weeks I’ve been looking at the V90CC and XC90. I live in Portland Oregon, and there are 2 dealers in town, two about 1-2 hours south, and then 4 in Seattle about 3 hours away.

I’ve been trying to get 6-7% off MSRP plus no markup on the money factor, but so far no dealer wants to go lower than 3-4% off MSRP. I’ve gotten “we need to make money somewhere” and “your pricing isn’t possible for us without A-Plan”. Two dealers straight up refused to give me the buy rate on the money factor (insisted on 40-50 points of mark up). The first quote here locally was terrible (marked up money factor, marked up lease acquisition fee, <3% off MSRP, VIN etching, etc.).

Seems like other regions with more Volvo dealers are able to get better deals but I’m kinda hitting a wall here locally. Kinda surprising as the local Audi/BMW dealers are fairly quick to get to 6-7% off MSRP and no markups.

Thoughts?

Comparing it to BMW and Audi is useless. It’s like comparing to Infiniti where 20% off isn’t uncommon. They are completely different manufacturers with completely different dealership incentives and invoice structures. You might need to go to SoCal or pick up a part time job that includes A-Plan to make the deal you want happen.

I have had similar experiences in the PNW with Volvo - even in Seattle where there are 4 dealers fairly close together.

If you’re really sold on those cars, it may make sense to try and lease down in California and have it shipped back up to Portland. Shipping may add $600-$1000 but you’ll still end up way ahead of where you would be settling for a more expensive deal up here up here.

quick update.
One of the local dealers basically said A-Plan wasn’t just 6% off MSRP, but 6% off + $1500. This was on a XC90 with a MSRP $61k so that basically makes it only 3% off MSRP. That can’t be right. A-Plan kinda sucks if that’s the case.

In addition, there were things like “supplemental marketing fee - $400” on his A-Plan print out that he wouldn’t budge on.

Plus his dealership’s standard policy of marking up the money factor (1.25%, or 00052).

I guess the local Volvo dealers are satisfied with their Volvo brand loyalists that are willing to pay for the privilege of owning a Volvo.

That’s standard for Volvo, part of their total invoice. Dealers don’t budge on it. It’s actually $500 without A-plan.

so similar to the $995 destination fee? Good to know.

The problem is that people are willing to pay that much for the XC90 right now, it’s Volvo’s number 1 seller. You get a really nice ride but without the pretentious nameplate of other luxury SUV’s.

Things always seem to change gears at the end of month and even more so at end of year. Last month they gave an extra $1k for the S90. I have a few dealers emailing me trying to get me to start negotiating but I’ve told them straight out that it’s to early in the month and I’m waiting till you stop focusing on markups and change gears to moving units.

The $1500 was mentioned in the thread below. Not sure that it is 6% + 1500, I think it’s “retailer net + 1500” equals vehicle invoice, which should be 6% discount from msrp.

http://forum.leasehackr.com:25654/t/there-are-two-levels-of-the-volvo-a-plan/27232/6

Ah yes, I remember that post. But that makes it looks like that was on 2017 models, and it was an older sheet. In any event, 6% + $1500 isn’t that great of a discount, and isn’t anything close to what people on here have been bragging about.

I was actually able to achieve a sale price of $48.9k on a T6 MSRP of $58.0k up here in seattle.

The MF, however, was marked up from .0013 to .0025 (almost double!) and apparently that is their “standard policy”, no thank you.

I have been running into the same problem. Some dealers won’t even give a quote. In Bellevue I was shown a worksheet they use for everyone and was pushing a huge down down payment. Beautiful car but very frustrating. $800 monthly to lease is unfortunate.

We’ll see if our part of the country starts getting more competitive. I completed a deal with Volvo of Corvallis (doesn’t really help you Seattle folks) that was the best deal locally but nothing near what people were bragging about in other parts of the country.

Any way for people not affiliated with Volvo (or a qualifying company) to take advantage of A Plan? I signed up for Volvo Club of America, but apparently they no longer offer A Plan as a membership benefit because dealers were abusing it and keeping the extra profit themselves.