The Coolest Cars Right Now Are Wagons

Unfortunately BMW and other manufacturers didn’t push wagons as much as crossovers. For the most part, you could lease an X1 for less than a 3 series wagon. Yes, the 3 series was/is a step above the X1, but they could have incentivized them more.

If a wagon is based on essentially the exact same components as the sedan/hatch version (I’m thinking the Golf & Sportwagen / Alltrack) are they required to do separate federal testing for each variant?

I do know that BMW has to federalize all every 3 series variant from the last generation (Sedan, Wagon, GT). I am also under the impression that every engine / transmission combination has to be tested as well.

1 Like

https://www.austrodaimler.com/en/

Looks like a chopped AMG GT rather than a wagon

1 Like

Is that made of Legos?

Those wheels are inspired by the Volvo XC40

2020 XC90 new wheels suck with R just awful. Only Inscription got better - the same as standard on s60 and xc60.
Here is V60 Crosscountry in birch, 57k sticker.

I’m begging my owner for a V90 or V60 “hack” this month.

Not going well

And here are the 2020 xc90 R and Inscription wheels.

They are just now getting stock, so will take a while. And if Volvo learned anything from S90 disaster then they will not bring many V’s here.

1 Like

“Except for when we want V60s in a little over 2 years” should be the clarification added. Haha.

Focus RS. Nuff said.

Hatch, fast, great around the bendz

Idk the Buick roadmaster with the irish wood paneling on the side has a special place in my heart

1 Like

1 Like

Not even close. The RS6 Avant takes that title.

Actually in bensonhurst, as a kid, i remember the hassids driving the paneled station wagons and they were just loaded with garbage. That’s how my parents got me to behave. They told me if i was bad, I’d go there…