The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Curious to know what year and term this was… and if anyone can apply for an AACU loan. Do you have a link to their site?

How long did it take you from applying for the loan to hearing back on approval with USSFCU?

I have the membership, but just applied on Friday online for a loan

Thanks.

loan within 24 hrs.

1 Like

36 month term on a 2020.

https://www.aacreditunion.org/membership/why-the-credit-union/

Hi Sam Sam,

Solid rate. What’s the fastest way to join USSFCU?
I applied to my local bank for an X7 lease buyout and I was given 7.04 for 60 months after .25 autopay discount and 6.79 for 48 months.

Would like to apply to USSFCU but it appears from reading the comments here it takes a many weeks to review and get approved.

You applied and for approved within 24 hours? Would like to join and apply asap. Thank you!!

Thanks capt slow. I checked with BMW FS and lease buyout starts at 7.85. I just asked about CPO. Thanks!

Have to pick up a car on Sunday. 33.5k OTD. Won’t have time to get a loan funded I assume, should I finance at 6.99 with them and then just refinance after, or just pay cash?

Cash is cash if you can tie your money up like that and not do better on an investment.

If not, finance with them, ask for more $ off for using their financing and find out how long they “require” you to keep the financing. Make sure the $ off is way more than the interest for the hold period on their loan.

Then refi at the end of the hold period on their financing.

1 Like

Well, I can just leave the 33k in the HYSA account which is at 4.8%. Think if I can refinance at around that rate it’s probably worth it to just pay the extra interest for a few months.

2 Likes

For those crazy enough to own a used EV… 65mo rate from DCU w/ EV discount is 5.74% and it’s the same for new or used.

Don’t forget USSFCU still at 5% for 60mo

If you want a loan with same day funding go to Alliant Credit Union. Rates are around 6% for 60 months. You can send the application in the morning and by evening they will mail overnight check. They process documents very fast and they give you the direct number of the loan officer .

1 Like

DCU is similar. Alway been able to get the check in hand next day and their current rate is 5.99%

2 Likes

USSFCU charges 1/2 pt higher for used auto loan versus new. They only advertise rates at 60 and 72 month terms. The DCU 65 mo rate falls right in-between.

2 Likes

I think it’s still the best deal around…

Moving forward with buying my 2021 Tacoma at lease end next month. I’m in the process of checking out rates with my credit union, but wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good lender.

CUTX always had good rate

Check out the spreadsheet in the first post in this thread / topic for the rates, terms, & conditions.

@HersheySweet - the spreadsheet still auto pulls and is running on all cylinders, right?

Yeah, sometimes things break and I haven’t had the motivation to manually check the best rates but the ones on the sheet should still be accurate.

I’m working on making a bigger less organized sheet for ppl to check for CUs independently instead of having the more generalized stuff now.

2 Likes

applied with USSFCU for the 4.25 on 36 months. application to join took a few days. then the loan application took about 3 days. i’d say you could join and get the loan within a week if you’re lucky.