The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Anyone use Campbell Credit Union? It seems too good to be true at 4% through 72 months.

Not sure if the posted rates are current as it states “Loan Rates Effective 12/01/2022” on the site.

Somebody said a while back that you have a 90 day waiting period after joining before they will finance a loan?

Edit:

This is close as well:

1 Like

PenFed still @ 5.64 for 72 mo

Anyone can join

Wow, that’s awesome. Was that the advertised rate when you applied? The rates on their site look much higher now.

Yes, they had a special that was around Valentine’s day and ended 2/28. I applied on 2/27 and they honored the rate. IIRC longer terms were in the mid or high 3s. I usually pay off my cars in 36 months anyway so this made sense.

1 Like

Way to go. Basically free money for 3 years.

Better than that since 3 year CDs are paying >4% right now.

I don’t use them but saw they have good rates. Only caveat is you have to be a member for 90 days before you can apply for a loan. Also, I went to join but couldn’t access their membership application. :person_shrugging:

wont last long lh effect loading
looks like sunshine state 2.0 florida only

rates as low as…
new cars 1.94%
used cars 2.69%

membership details

i wonder what associational groups means

4 Likes

Does anyone know when a CU determines a car as used vs new. I’m leasing an ID4 and of course I wanted to wait a few months and buy it out. I’m sure at that point it would be considered used. Is that correct? Looks like USSFCU has the best rates right now. Are they easy to join? I didn’t see them on the spreadsheet.

Depends on the CU. Some consider a car new as long as it isn’t over the specified mileage typically around 5-10k miles.

Usually are easy to join. Process to getting a loan can take a couple of days unlike bigger banks like BOFA

1 Like

I shared a (not so fresh) anecdote upthread.

Easy to join?
:white_check_mark:

Fast?
:turtle:

1 Like

Buying a 2024 Mustang…got a build date of June 19 which means I should see it around late July/early august. I live in Texas, so looks like a lot of these recently recommended credit unions I won’t be able to join.
Currently a member of RBFCU and their rates start at 5.9%…taking any and all recommendations as I should be right around 90 days of membership by the time I take delivery

Which trim?

1 Like

Looking good rates from CU for 36,48 or 60 months?
TIA

My coworker just closed his Tower FCU 72 months at 3.49. This was after they closed the loan app for inactivity, even though it was their inactivity. In the end, they rectified and funded the loan in 24 hours, but he went through a hell of a time getting it across the finish line.

GT Premium A10 w/ 401A package, Brembo Brakes, Active Exhaust, and Nite Pony Package.

Got denied from Campbell for not living in the TriState area. Waiting to hear back from US Senate CU.
Tower Credit Union starts at 6.5% LOL…these rates are worse than I was expecting…

Wassup LH - I drank enough beer on a Thursday that I got around to updating the spreadsheet.

Added -

United States Senate FCU (As low as 3.24% on 24, 3.74% on 60)

Commonwealth one (DMV only) (As low as 3.24% on 24, 3.74% on 60)

13 Likes

For United States FCU if you join via that American Consumer Council, use promo code " USSFCU" for a free membership(takes $8.00 off) ! :sweat_smile:

A lot of credit unions on the east coast accept you if you have a ACC membership.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update! FYI for Campbell CU, I am a member of the American Consumer Council, living in Texas. I was denied for “you have to either work for Campbell Soup or its subsidiaries or live in the tri-state area meaning NJ, PA, and delaware.”

2 Likes