BMW X5 Discussion - MY 2024 & Loaners

i just called my local credit union and they said they couldnt beat 6% or 9% even with execellent credit

dang you think? really? my local credit union said they couldnt do 6% even for excellent credit

Means credit is drying up making my previous post even more likely. Sit back and see how this plays out.

1 Like

This is a phone call, not research. Do some proper research. Start by reading the thread here on credit unions. Someone already posted it for you above.

I’m done here. I genuinely do hope you listen to the advice you’re getting here, instead of just repeating your own thoughts and numbers.

4 Likes

thanks! i am listening and apply my position simply to hear you and everyone elses opinion of how i see it. there has been lots of great advice in here and i do appreciate it.

1 Like

You need to stop wasting time on this thread and look at the options here:

There are credit unions nationwide right now that will beat your 6% rate even with your credit score.

3 Likes

Bro it sounds like you had some pent up financial anger and you just need to blow a ton of money pointlessly.

I am all for it, ignore everyone else here and embrace it. You finally got some cash, may as well blow it all by paying 9% interest and insane depreciation on a Beemer. This is the American way!

2 Likes

Where does this number come from? It’s range and not a specific dollar amount so it leads me to believe you made it up in hopes of adding confirmation bias to your decision that getting a new one under warranty with 9% interest will be a better deal. I am sure someone, somewhere had a $6,000 repair bill on a BMW at 45,000 miles, I doubt it is statistically that common. It’s your money if you choose to offload the risk to the bank however you do realize you are far and away paying a massive sum to do so.

Recently researching a vehicle I asked a friend who had the model I was looking at if he had any issues at 100,000 miles and he said he had a pretty steep repair bill recently. Two minutes later I get a text saying, “Well I dont do any preventative maintenance either” so maybe that was why.

I had a BMW that I eventually sold with approximately 128,000 miles on it. I had one unexpected $600 repair and of course I did preventative maintenance along with rotors / pads, etc…all in might have been $1500 including oil changes at independent mechanics.

1 Like

Look at where we are now vs a year ago. There’s a big difference in the car market. Then also consider that rates are almost at a 20 year high and we’ve had 3 of the 4 largest bank failures ever in the past 2 months.

I think it’s safe to say things will look very different in 6 months to a year

2 Likes

Those BMW V8s are a reliability dumpster fire. No one should own one out of warranty.

1 Like

Here’s a quick look at what my CU has to offer.

2 Likes

Man when you put it like that I couldn’t agree more. I’m kinda clueless about a year ago used car market wise. How did the used car market look? Nothing available because new car sales died? Or everybody selling because nobody was leaving their house?

Damn how do you get a 160k vehicle for 1200 a month?

hacker hacking GIF

Have you seen the EQS super thread?

1 Like

Not that bad in latest years. I did blow up an S63tu, but N63tu2 has been extremely reliable.

1 Like

How old is it, in years and miles?

2019, 22k miles - so far so good. I blew up that S63 at 15k miles lol.

Considering I Love Lucy GIF

Hello, I’m curious about current deals / signed deals on BMW X5 xDrive40i. looking for the residual value and money factor too. I’m also interested in the 50e model, but the deals are typically not as good. How do the deals compare between a 2023 and a 2024 model year? Additionally, we plan to lease the vehicle with high mileage, either 15 or 18k miles.

My wife currently has a 2021 X5 40i on lease, but she has exceeded the allowed mileage due to her new job involving a lot more driving. There are still 8 months left on the lease, and we would like to trade it in now to avoid paying excess mileage fees at the end of the lease term. We are located in Michigan but are open to travel up to 4-8 hours from the Detroit area for an outstanding deal.

Residual/MF can be found on Edmunds. Where are you located? Have you checked the Marketplace to see what your local brokers are offering?