The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

You should have told them that you eat soup several times per week :joy:

4 Likes

Updated, thank you!

Online application for Commonwealth One seemed easy enough. I selected that I live/work in the Washington DC area. Got denied this morning due to ineligibility. Again, I live in TX (so I’m not surprised)

Just checked IBD Global. There are requirements to join. Not just $50. I was going to apply, they have 5% but I don’t qualify to join.

Yeah im going to remove them, just double checked - thanks for the info!

also looking for a loan to buyout ID.4 so what is your final choice?

Still working on a final bank but I’ll have an update soon.

I got approved at USSFCU for the lowest advertised rate. It took less than a week from account creation to loan approval. Great experience overall.

10 Likes

Does anyone know of any credit unions or banks in the Chicagoland area with decent rates for used cars right now?

1 Like

Another fed hike, suggest getting some allocations now for pre approvals if you’re shopping this month.

4 Likes

Sorry I didnt understand this, do you mean buyers can get pre qualified like NOW at lower rates before the hike goes into effect ?

Yes you can apply for a loan before finding a car - and have a bit of cushion time to do so.

Doing that to lock in a rate on a loan now before rates increase means you save money.

1 Like

I got declined by USSFCU, not really sure why. I got good credit score 830 and uploaded the docs and certificate of ACC membership. Called them and they said they can’t disclose any info, any thoughts?

When they asked why do I want to join, I put apply for a loan as the answer.

The fed is just pushing the front end of the curve up not the entire thing so my guess is the impact of the 25 basis points will be muted on 4 to 6 year rates. Ironically the further they go the more likely we’ll have a recession which will push down long term rates.

I’ve already seen rates be recently raised at a number of CU’s I follow (CUNJ, SEFCU).

I don’t think they really need much of a reason to raise rates these days.

1 Like

Not sure… I had a great experience with them. I have an 850 score and put quite a bit down on this loan. Not sure that would matter

Just want to check if you are just finance or actually lease buyout

1 Like

Wondering if anyone checked what is the best rate for lease buyout now

1 Like

2 months?

10char

Used car finance.