The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Are you Virginia area resident? Is there a work around?

They sent a message via their “messenger” that said “Congratulations, we are sending the check today.”

1 Like

Wanted to thank this community for the insightful information and resources. Thank you @HersheySweet for creating this thread and thank you @z0lt3c for sharing ARMCO with the community.

I received the check (overnighted) on 2/28. Car was picked up 3/6. Handed them ARMCO’s check and my portion of the down payment. Very smooth transaction overall. Locked in at 3.45% 72 months.

3 Likes

Great thread. I’m based out of PA and looking to refinance, but the rate has to be decent. Any recommendations?

2023 Yukon with 4500 miles. The current rate is 0% for 36.

Campbell Credit Union has a pretty good rate of 3.5% for 60 months, but I have to wait 90 days to become a member.

Take it, there’s very little available atm.

all rates other than 84 months (5.49%) are 4.49% which is not great, but better than many right now for a 2020 and up vehicle. membership looks to be easy as well.

72 months for 4.49% looks to be particularly competitive when compared to other CUs and banks.

Just got a loan form my local credit Union (Innovations FCU) it says the lowest rate for 72 months is 4.99 and 60 months is 4.49 but I got 4.49 for 72 months I didn’t ask why I just took it

1 Like

What are the chances for something less than 3% soon?

Not a chance
If anything we looking at higher rates
Federal Reserve Powell GIF by GIPHY News

Check out these guys:

Requires a minimum $65 donation to join. I have no direct feedback or experience to share.

2 Likes

Always wonder about “as low as” rates but a solid option if they’re attainable.

This isn’t a fresh anecdote, but I helped a friend shop for financing when these guys were “as low as” 0.99%.

it took forever and multiple follow-ups just to get his membership approved, and then he ended up getting a rate that was multiples of their best rate (3-4% iirc).

He had good credit and planned to put some money down.

I used to be a member there as well, and you can never really leave.

They still send me “your credit score has changed” emails, but the opt-out requires you to log into online banking, which they disable when you close your membership. They also don’t respond or act on emails requesting the opt-out (although in fairness I haven’t yet escalated the matter to the Board of Directors).

2 Likes

You my have to define “soon” but I would not be shocked to see lower rates. With everything that’s happening right now in the banking sector markets are repricing the odds of further hikes. The whole curve is down sharply since last week. As of today Goldman Sachs expects no rate hike in the next Fed meeting.

That’s why I asked, regional banks are diving right now, contagion could still occur from this silicon valley bank snafu, but hard to gauge it, the inflation report is coming out tomorrow so we’ll see.

I just got approved for 4.74% for 66 months in PA. It’s ok- would love to have 3%

1 Like

Got approved for 3.49% for 60 months.

But took 2.74% for 36 month offer from Cofcu.

4 Likes

who did you get approved 3.49 -60 months from?

United state senate federal credit union

4 Likes

Any crazy membership requirements?

not really… took 10 days for membership and 2 days for loan approval