The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

It depends on your angle. If you’re a foreigner trying to stay out of the IRS reach passing the test sure feels like a failure :joy: I know some Europeans with properties in Florida who like to come to the states for the winter months but have to count their days to stay below the threshold.

That is sad that rates jumped that high. I guess they’re done taking new members in!

Shame I didn’t have a car ready to go or picked out.

Looks like Campbell at 3.5% is the next best option.

2 Likes

Campbell FCU will become the next LH-broken CU and the American Consumer Council will have a 10,000% increase in membership in the next 72 hours.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Campbell FCU requires you to be a member for 90 days before you can apply for an auto loan.

1 Like

San Mateo Credit Union is at 3.5% for 36 months

Can anyone confirm is that for sure

It’s on their site

1 Like

The rate was always advertised as a special program.

The special rate was only .50 points lower than their standard. Now their rates are almost three points higher than before the the special rate.

1 Like

My Armco Credit Union 3.2% 60 month loan was disbursed to the captive lease financial company, earlier today. I applied for membership late in the day last Wednesday using the Alumni donation to establish standing. Thursday (8 days later) the process was complete. This was despite the website saying it could take 4 weeks to fund the loan.
As long as you had your documents in order (lease buyout statement, paystubs, ID, etc), the process was very easy and straight forward. Thanks to whoever suggested Armco.

3 Likes

# Limited time 0.15% rate reduction on auto loans

Available from 02/23/2023 to 03/06/2023

You can get even more up to to .50% off more if you are a card holder depending on tier.
The rates are for 60 months on the website, for 72 the rate is usually the same or roughly 0.10% highrt

ParkView FCU:

Rates “as low as” 1.99%, 2.99%, etc. Will also “match or beat” your current rate. Read the fine print. That’s what is on the site today although it says current as of 2/3/23.

Not sure about membership as it really doesn’t say what you need:

1 Like

A little more on the assumed membership rules

Park View Federal Credit Union was formed at what is now Eastern Mennonite University in 1969 to provide an organization through which employees would establish a savings program, and these savings would be available for other employees to borrow. Thus, one member’s savings became another member’s loan. All staff and board members were volunteers. An individual’s character and integrity were the basis for evaluating loans.

In 1982 membership expanded to included Mennonite churches in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, Virginia, to enable members to channel funds to assist one another in the areas of mutual aid and financial concern. By 2002, Park View had grown to include numerous partner organizations including Brethren churches. Financial services were added to meet members’ needs and expectations, resulting in a one-stop financial resource that provided savings, loans, investments and insurance.

Today, Park View is a thriving and vibrant member-centered, full-service credit union: it is structured as a not-for-profit cooperative, governed by a volunteer board and managed by professional staff. It is a values-based organization striving to live out its legacy of people helping people, by continuing to be Neighbors Serving Neighbors®.

@z0lt3c gets props for that

3 Likes

Thanks so much, @z0lt3c !

1 Like

For Armco, did you get approved for the loan after 2/28?

The official approval came on February 27th. The funds were disbursed March 2nd.

1 Like

I would recommend Commonwealth One CU.

I got approved for 2.74% for 36 months. Becoming a member is free.

1 Like

Submitted mine on Monday night, still pending but mine is a refi so not too concerned with turnaround time.

Did they contact you prior to the dispersal?