The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

I know what an analogy is. I guess I see taking a loan out differently than buying a burrito?

60 month special at 3.99%

ARMCO sweetheart deal ends Feb 28. Wonder if I have any chance of getting those rates if I apply today? :thinking:

Theyā€™ve stated theyā€™ll honor it so apply.

2 Likes

Awesome. Iā€™m in no rush to refinanceā€¦ if i can get that 1.99% for 36 Iā€™ll be super stoked.

Thanks for sharing the experience. Looks like itā€™s just a little do collecting process which is then sold to private businesses and from there who knows whatā€¦ a big thumbs down to AutoPay.

1 Like

I am on H1B as well.Did you find any other options?

Is your visa valid for the entire loan? Else you might have to consider first party financing with the manufacturer of the car if new

No only valid for 3 years and this is for refinance.

I know DCU is H1b friendly, sorry I cant be more helpful :frowning:

Armco asked for state issued change of address form since my ID address is not current. Anyone know how to get that from California DMV? CA update the address online without issue a new ID until the next renewal :crazy_face:

My ID address and my mailing/physical address are different and ARMCO didnā€™t ask for any of that from me. They just approved my membership today.

Thanks, good to know. Guess thatā€™s representative by representativeā€¦I can provide secondary proof of address change by other documents but prefer to save hours of DMV visitā€¦

following up on my Armco Experience, I put a deposit on the car on Friday, and got the up to date purchase order with the correct amount that I would be financing. I sent that through the portal on Friday night after Armco was closed, and crossed my fingers

Got a message this morning that they were ready to send the loan documents, they asked how I wanted to have the funds sent, I chose wire to the dealer for $20. And uploaded the wire instructions

An hour later the e sign email showed up

An hour later a message from them ā€œThank you! Your loan has been disbursed and we will be wiring the funds for you today.ā€

FYI I applied on February 10th before they got flooded, I did switch between cars as well. I called about 5 times just to clarify things, long wait times but they were very helpful.

Overall, I am satisfied thus far, will finish my review when it comes time for the first payment.

5 Likes

Got my application into Armco today for a refinance. No rush thoughā€¦ hoping for that 1.99 for 36 sweetheart.

CUs are pretty much a goner for non-GC or US citizen

PenFed back in 2019 denied me due to immigration status

ARMCO was little flexible they asked for I-766 meaning theyā€™re approving for people with auto EAD extension ā€” otherwise i canā€™t figure out any other reason why theyā€™d ask. Not sure if you seen the recent I-766s due to covid back logs theyā€™ve been writing extension accordingly your class

Hanscom CU also denied in 2020 stating foreign income isnā€™t eligible and theyā€™ve stricter lending policies for immigrants ā€” iā€™m not a citizen so i donā€™t file foreign income in the US neither does my home country requires it. They did ask if i filed taxes in the US because it might be grounds for approval

Captive lenders are approving me for leases, finance and so are traditional banks like chase but i also have been leasing for a while and have a relationship with chase and multiple lines of credit

GM Finance recently approved me right after armco denied

Captive lenders are approving tier 1 or buy rate however you wanna view it no markup unless the dealer marks it up

Be careful with this. Thereā€™s a test based on number of days you reside in the US. If you fail it you can be considered a U.S. person for income tax purposes and be required to file a return. Thereā€™s no statue of limitation if you donā€™t file a return, so technically the IRS could come back in 10 years and assign penalties and interest on your worldwide income. JFYI

lol yeah just crossed that threshold back in dec :sob: gotta pay medicare and social security

Looks like the ARMCO deal is over for now. New auto loan rates posted starting at 5%

1 Like

I think you meant, ā€œif you pass itā€. The test is the substantial presence test.