The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

If it’s Denise she said she’s swamped. She’s very friendly. Maybe send a message in the portal. They are pretty quick once a message was asked.

They literally have 2 branches at Gov buildings in the DMV, I wonder how many of these loans are LH related.

What’s your cut

1 Like

My loan officer and membership services rep had no clue where all the business was coming from. They only briefly heard of leasehackr when I brought them up. They said they wondered where all the business was coming from.

2% off the top

I ended up getting Betty. I did speak to her briefly yesterday. Assume they are trying to catch up from the holiday weekend.

For those that live in California, you can try http://myeecu.org.

I recently refinanced my car loan with them at 2.5% for 72 months. You can apply for loan and membership at the same time.

To qualify for member, pick other eligibility and join the parent associations.

1 Like

Looks like it’s just a $10 fee to have them join a parent teacher organization on your behalf. No strings attached beyond that?

1 Like

She’s been MIA for me… still waiting to close my 1.99% loan from 11/29.

Not that I’m aware of.

I was able to close on the loan yesterday. Message via the portal seemed to be the fastest way to get a response. Checked was sent via FedEx and delivered today. I need a copy of the check to be able to pick up the vehicle and no response so far.

1 Like

Citizen Equity First or CEFCU- for those applying from Illinois & California. They are strict regarding being a member, you have to work for Caterpillar or it’s subsidiaries or live in the counties mentioned- mainly around Peoria and Southern Illinois.

I checked for Illinois and not aware of California I called them as the online application had clear requirements on who can be a CEFCU member. I spoke to the loan department and asked if I live in Illinois and not the counties on the drop down can i apply? They said yes and then a loan officer called back and said you do not meet the criteria.

So if you do not fit the criteria on the website, do not apply and save yourself some time. Hope it helps.

1 Like

@Rachmunas - Where did you get these rates from? Was it upto Dec 31 2022? I was checking the website and it shows 7% rates? My lease is up end of Jan and was looking at lease buy out loans.

That’s correct. I just got my membership. I haven’t secured a loan yet. Before 01/01 they were at 2.49% for 72 months with auto payment discount of 0.5%.

1 Like

Awesome. Will keep this one in my back pocket for March when I buy out the Bolt.

1 Like

Wow I really got screwed by the IFCU increase. My vehicle order is arriving next week and I was waiting for it to actually get to the dealer since they could only hold the rate for 30 days. I guess I’ll look into Tower.

I applied on 11/22. The car was delayed so on 12/22 IFCU was nice enough to extend it. On 12/28 I signed at 3.30%. But I’m still waiting for the car to arrive. I’m rolling the dice. But the vin is generated and was supposed to arrive 11/28.

I’m curious if anyone’s gone through the refi process with PenFed.

Over the course of a decade they’ve been completely inept at everything else I’ve attempted with them, and was wondering if it’s worth the grief to refi the last $9k on my DCU loan and collect the $200 before paying it off.

My main hesitation here is that if I apply with PenFed today, it could take them until October 2027 to get the loan closed, and at the current pace I’ll have the existing DCU note paid off ~60 days.

[Also, has anyone seen an auto refi offer > $200?]

You are going to go thru all that effort for $200?

I refinanced a loan using them while they had a promo last time around and they sent me the check to pay off the loan and carvana went bonkers and offered me more $$$ :joy::joy::joy:

I called last day the payment was due to cancel the loan and within 3 days the account was closed

They didn’t ask for anything besides the registration and pay off information and they cut me a check

My offer was for $200 as well don’t think I’ve seen higher

1 Like