The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Excellent thanks!!

Is there any recommendations on places to refinance auto loans?

What do you suggest? IFCU is locking 3.50% for 84 months and no payments for 90 days until 12/27. Then they need to close the loan and Iā€™d have to re-apply. My vehicle is delayed again in transit to 1/2. It first was 11/28 so itā€™s weekly getting delayed. Should I get the loan on the 27th and keep the check at my house until the vehicle comes and then send it to the dealer? Iā€™m only building interest. Or is this risky to do this not knowing when itā€™s coming in besides these false estimates.

The dealer will give you an out the door price before the video even arrives?

They gave me a purchase agreement with taxes and fees already. South Carolina is a flat $500 tax and property tax. I had to request it.

I hope this is this case for you but that was not what I experienced.

I received a conditional approval within 24 hours, then the long drawn out process started.

They told me I had to become a member of the tower cares foundation in order for them to consider me for approval. I had to apply first before applying for the loan. It was $15 so they may have changed their policy.

I specifically asked this because my my dti and alll other factors are good. They donā€™t even verify any of your personal income information. The credit score is the one and only factor. I didnā€™t know you could have a credit score above 850 until @trism let me know. Again, maybe they changed their criteria.

This is where I was sucked in. It was explained by a very competent person and lulled me into a false sense of security.

I hope you have better luck than me and if you find your loan officer unresponsive at the start, buckle in for the long haul.

1 Like

Rates for a late-model used vehicle can differ from rates on new vehicles.

You can still start shopping from the list in the thread, but note that there is no standard definition for ā€œlate model used vehicle,ā€ so you have to make sure whatever rate youā€™re eyeing applies to your situation.

Also, some CUs will l offer a nominal incentive on a refi.

I noticed a $200 offer from PenFed this morning (this offer happens to apply to both refinances and purchases):

https://www.penfed.org/auto/rates

Of course, make sure you are considering the total cost of financing. Makes no sense taking a $200 bonus upfront, only to spend an extra $700 in interest over the term.

Iā€™d run the numbers but pretty sure taking on the loan early for even a month will still get you ahead then paying the current rates.

1 Like

Does anyone know if a dealer would normally allow the customer to take delivery of the car before they get a check from the credit union? My 2023 992 cab is here and the credit union approved the loan but sending a check tomorrow and it will prob take 2-3 days to arrive. I am putting down 40% of the car. Just wanted to know if I need to wait a few painful days

They canā€™t overnight it?

1 Like

No they cant

A dealer recently let me take my car home on a Friday and we didnā€™t do paperwork until Monday so itā€™s possible. They threw dealer plates on the car. I didnā€™t sign anything.

1 Like

A tracking number and picture of the check is usually enough for most dealers but YMMV.

1 Like

do a 3 way call with the credit union and the dealer. that should be enough for them.

They wonā€™t.

Big difference.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

Iā€™m closing on my loan today with IFCU. Including the rate discount for putting $500 a month into a new account (my payments over anyways), itā€™s 3.3% at 84 months and first payment is 3/28. Hopefully the car comes asap. Iā€™m taking a gamble on it being delayed in transit (they said 1/2 now) but this is the last day they can hold that rate.

1 Like

Why not speak to a loan officer and ask if they can hold the rate for just a little longer explaining how the car is delayed in transit?

They did from 12/22 until today. Thatā€™s all they can do.

1 Like

Hoping to close my loan with IFCU by 12/30. Havenā€™t been able to reach my loan officer today. Completed the membership process on 12/22