The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Did you apply for membership and loan at the same time? What did you pick for joining the membership New Mexico WIldlife Fed?

For the eligibility of the membership, should I just pick New Mexico Wildlife Fed even though I am in TX?
Does it matter?

Thanks!

Yes, just for convenience.

You can apply for membership and loan at same time.

Do I have until the end of this month to submit my credit app to BMWFS to get the Dec rate? Can BMWFS change their rates for Dec or am I good and can wait until the end of month?

Also, if January rate is better I can use those rates instead?

You can and it’s prob faster.

Is it just me or IFCU just jacked up their rates close to 3%? I guess fedchoice is my only option… Anyone have recommendations for CUs? Located in NC

I noticed that this morning as well. No way I’m paying those rates. :face_vomiting:

Holy shit. Wonder if I’m locked in since I got preapproved Fri

yes this sucks. i applied for membership thurs and wasn’t approved yet. just called and they won’t honor last week’s rate since i didn’t apply for loan at the same time. didn’t realize i could have applied for loan at the same time as membership so this one’s on me :frowning:

yes you should be all set - i was told if i filled out a loan app last week they would have honored the rate at that time. you might still want to call in today to confirm this is the case for you, and have them note that on your application, just to be safe. almost 3 points increase is rough…

I just called them and they did confirm, though it wasn’t a loan officer who told me that. I almost got screwed because I didn’t apply for both at once and it took until Friday last week(1 week) to get approved.

1 Like

I am in NJ, it doesn’t matter

I spoke with Interior FCU today and they go by the rate from when your loan application was submitted; regardless of when the loan was approved or membership was approved. I got lucky and submitted it on Nov 30th, so they are honoring the 1.99% at 36 months as long as I open a Checking account, request a debit card, and enable Direct Deposit with at least $500 per month. These are the requirements to achieve the 0.25% discount–otherwise the rate is 2.24% for 36 months.

2 Likes

That’s disappointing. Future me is super disappointed since this won’t be an option in 3 months when I buy out my Bolt at lease end.

1 Like

Parsons federal credit union has very low rates on EVs.

2 Likes

Good looking out. Link for quick reference:
https://www.parsonsfcu.org/loan-rates

1 Like

Nice another ACC credit union. I’ll add them after finals.

1 Like

Thank you for posting link. I couldn’t overcome my laziness.

After applying for a loan on Friday with ICFU, got the check issued with Fee Ex tracking number today. Took longer to get approved for a membership. The loan process was easy and quick.

1 Like

Sharing some recent experience with IFCU:
Applied for both membership and loan on 12/06, submitted everything through the poratl/message. Still waiting to get membership approved as of today.
Called about the rate since the rate increased after I applied. The agent on the phone confirmed that rate would be based on the application date.