The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

I searched through this topic, but could not find a direct email or phone number to reach to IFCU loan department. Could someone please share it if have one?

I tried calling IFCU but the general agent just told me to wait, and could not connect me to the loan department.

@rachmunas do you have a phone #? I know you talked to a manager a few days ago

I just finished up with Interior and couldn’t have been easier. My understanding is that the loan department won’t lift a finger until you’ve set up your membership and account. I called and asked to speak with the membership department, they set up my account and then they reached out to the loan department who contacted me.

3 Likes

I applied with Fedchoice and was approved. Uploaded docs but just very unresponsive on their side.
Any tips how to get a human on their side or quicker responses?

Thanks I’m advance!

Download app and use the chat feature. Otherwise call and wait…

Just wanted to update the thread on my status with Interior Federal Credit Union:

Membership Eligibility: Joined NM Wildlife Foundation in application
Loan: New Car 84 Months, 2023 Bolt EUV, refinance $25k, Young Adult Account, $0 Deposit

Loan and Membership Application Date: Evening of 11/9/22
Loan Approval: Morning of 11/10/22 (with 30 day lock)

My loan disclosure was marked for a used car, gave me 4.25% for 84 months, I messaged them on 11/10, the disclosure was changed to a new car loan at 3.75 for 84 months on or before 11/15, and a message was sent to me that it was changed on 11/16

My membership was still pending and I sent out a message on 11/30 asking if there was anything else that they needed from me. On 12/1 I was sent a message to call member services to answer some typical banking verification questions. I was told on that call within 48 hours my application would be reviewed. I checked my portal the next day, 12/2 and it was approved! I messaged my email loan officer and was told my membership wasn’t in the system yet.

On 12/5 I was sent my membership number and welcome to the credit union. I also submitted my payoff and

I got a call on 12/6 to confirm my loan details from my loan officer.

On 12/7 I was sent the final disclosure, and I came to find the 3.75% I was already happy with became 3.55%, did my e-Document Sign and the payoff check was sent that day (added $19 to my loan amount for the overnight check), and my loan request file was closed that night

Overall, the process was harmless and easy aside from the delay in membership approval which I needed to give them a little push for. Every time I tried to call I was on hold for at least 20 minutes, sending the portal messages was much easier and they would call you, just make sure to answer. I also decided to also add GAP for $399 which includes a $1000 GAP Plus Protection (something about getting another loan with them after a total loss). 90-Day deferment on the loan too which is nice

1 Like

Yea switch to Interior.

Question: If one if trying to finance a used car, like a Porsche 911 that is 12 years old, what is the best approach to getting a decent rate? It seems like most of the CUs will only do reasonable finance deals on newer cars.

1 Like

Curious about this as well.

PenFed seems to be the best one so far. 72 months at about 6.5%

1 Like

Oh. At those rates it may not be worth it. I was hoping for something in the 3-4 range.

It’s getting harder and harder to do that for new cars.

1 Like

Thanks ! somehow missed that

1 Like

Hi! Did you apply for membership first then the loan or did you do both at once? Thanks!

On their loan application you can select “not a member” and apply for both at the same time

Thanks! I saw. Now I’m wondering if it’s faster to do both at the same time or apply for membership first, get approved then apply for the loan?

ICFU took a week to approve membership but the auto loan process seems to be very quick and csnt beat the rates.

I’m pretty sure it’s all at the same time. You then have to call to answer a couple of questions and establish the account if you want to move forward with the loan.

1 Like

@Sman1010 I just used fedchoice- and closed my loan earlier this week. I found the message function in their app very helpful and reps were responsive via messages - i had similar experience you describe with calling and emailing.