The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

I thought again :joy:

Hi, I am trying to but my leased Honda using an Interior FCU loan. Confused about process as it is my first time. Do i just apply online and ask them to send the payment to HFS? DO i need to do any thing with HFS before i apply to IFCU?
IFCU say bill of sale in required documents? How do i get that from Honda?

If any body can guide me, that will be very helful.

Interior changed their rates slightly as of Dec 1st

1 Like

I applied with interior on 11/22 membership and loan. Sent all required docs in and membership called me a few days later. It’s the last I heard from them. Hope I still qualify for last months rate which is .25 less. Does it usually take this long or is it cause of the holidays?

Well - looks like I am in another pickle with FedChoice but I will have to find out tomorrow.

• Original loan with FC failed so it went to Toyota
  • FC advised me to refinance with them when I get the registration and payoff.
  • Registration came in today but DMV registered the title under FC since my dealer tried to line out the documents
  • Toyota has the payoff info online but it’s no longer working (maybe system is down)

I was listening to Toyota’s automated message and it says their process is they will release the title once they get the pay off amount. However, it seems FC has my lien so I have no idea what will happen. I will call Toyota tomorrow and hopefully get clarity.

Denise is great to work with! I started with Betty for my loan and then worked with Denise (who was extremely fast) to get my credit card at 25k limit using the same credit pull. Typical low interest rates for CU Visa cards.

1 Like

I got an Interior manager to call me back. She was sorry it’s taking much longer than usual. The rates did go up a quarter point (which is why I applied on 11/22). She will she what can be done.

1 Like

FedChoice says I will be okay and should have documents on Monday!

what is Denise’s email or phone extension? I applied 11/28. uploaded everything right away but nothing has been done yet. Tried contacting every day but they say they’ll pass the message on for next steps.

Have a question for those who have financed with IFCU,

looking to finance a car but dealer wants me to handle the TTL & DMV since its out of state. Since im assuming IFCU is a secured loan and will be listed on the title, do they have any objection to you doing the registration yourself? Also, how long does your approval last? since my car has yet to arrive, thanks!

1 Like

No, their only ask is to be stated a lien holder within 45 days. Not sure on the loan approval but it is at least 30 days. They also needed minimal paperwork to get a cashiers check issued for me - a signed 1 page purchase order showing price, vin and signed by dealer & self. FedChoice’s requirements were a lot more specific comparatively.

1 Like

They issue check to dealer I assume and how do they secure their name on vehicle, I assume they direct dealer to list them on MCO correct?

1 Like

The check is issued to the dealer but you could ask them to mail it to you or to them. There was no specific guidance to the dealer but it was stated in the loan agreement as to what it should be.

My dealer for the Lightning failed to list them as a lien holder, so I’ll have to make a trip to my dmv to update that. IFCU has been very trusting throughout it with me.

1 Like

How does one become a member of Interior FCU if we do not qualify for any of the entry criteria listed on the eligibility page ?

Many CUs have at least one BS organization with a noble-sounding name that provides a “backdoor” way in, but this one is unique because you don’t have to donate $1.75 to become a member.

Most of the time if you can fog a mirror, you can join a CU.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble finding financing for a 2008. Any recommendations? Alot of the credit unions have a 10 year limit. Amount im looking to finance is about 40k.

Any help is appreciated!

Not a CU, but have you checked Lightstream? I didn’t click through the entire application to see if there are any obstacles beyond the first page.

1 Like

Lightstream will ask for 2 pay stubs. Credit score must be above 720-740ish mark. Loans under $25k would approve, for me, within 1 hours. Took out a $50k loan 2 years a go and all I submitted was those 2 stubs and had to agree to autopay to get the lowest rate. One phone call from a rep just to confirm how the funds will be used. Simple really.

Lightstream is part of SunTrust Bank.

3 Likes

Could someone kindly share their experience with interior IFCU and how to reach the loan agent?

I applied for an auto loan a few days ago, messaged IFCU every day, but no loan agent has contacted me yet. The online status of Loan and account application still show pending. Need to close a lease-end buy out in couple weeks…

Have you searched through this thread? Plenty of feedback.

1 Like